xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kgd2006

Freecoolsite.com - Really Good Host, but ... Really good host...but...

Hello everyone i just came from MANY hosting sites, and a decent one I found was freecoolsite.com. It has very nice easy to use interface with the features of PHP and mySQL, and even phpMyAdmin to manage the mysql database. But I found it has its bad points: 1) Has ADS 2) My rollover buttons doesnt function when it functions at 5 other host sites 3) When you are using "iframe" the frame used has a ad inside and messes up ur html webpage design, cause the frame is messed up...If only the site worked better for me, I would actually reccomend it to you guys. But Im here hoping to see if this place is a good host for a webpage Im making for school related reasons.

IFRAMES are evil and they are useless on top of that for SEO.You don't need to use iframes or frames when you don't want to use tables.I suppose there would be a way in JS to KILL adverts from your site (as you can kill frames) but it would firstly violate TOS of the site.You get what you pay for remember (in the cases of MS, then you don't).

twich how are IFrames evil? and wuts this SEO you are talking about? Could you further explain how I would substitue SEO for Iframes? Because based on my website design I need Iframes to work with my current template. But now you got me interested in SEO, I tried searching on it but did find really good info on it, could you explain?

SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is when you design and develop your site to be indexed as easy as possible for the bots that the various search engines send out. When a bot runs into frames and iframes, it is sent through all sorts of loops and it can take longer for your site to be indexed, therefore affecting your Page Rank and position in the search engine results.

IFRAMES are the old way of seperating content and dragging live content into a site. If you took the time to design your sites properly, then iframes aren't needed. In fact, many people prefer non-framed pages. Using divisions (div) tags allows you more control and cross-browser compliance and validates much more effectively.

Just look at it this way, how many professional or semi-professional sites use iframes.

If you do want content to be pulled into your pages like with what happens with frames and iframes, then I suggest you start learning PHP. It has an excellent and more controllable function, known as the include(). If you want to pull in a page into your main page, simply use

<? include("pagename.extension"); ?>
The php tags won't render in the source code, so it protects you to a certain extent.

thanks for the detailed information on that, I will look into converting my iframes to php scripting. At the time I didnt know any other possible design methods that would comply with my template because for example if information was to exceed the height of my template design it would stretch it and cause the images to position out of wack. But thanks twitch I will look deeper into the tip of code you gave me...

Hmm.. SEO and iFrames? What are they? I... have never heard of them before but thanks to twitch for clarifying what SEO is. I think I have a basic idea of it :oBut then again, I don't know PHP, only a bit of HTML and that's all (althought I'm really interested in learning PHP). Man... PHP scripting, I want to learn it so much but I don't know where to start. I told myself I was going to learn HTML this year but I guess it's not working out.Anyway, that "freecoolsite.com" is a "gone down the drain" already for me because obviously, I don't like advertisements. I don't know about the other benefits it gives (like bandwidth and storage) but I'm not interested from the likes of it... :PBut thanks for reviewing it though. Have a great day :o