xisto Community
WeaponX

PC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No Bootup

I had same problem - this is what i foundPC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No Bootup

I have an AMD  CPU and and Abit At8 32X mobo. I turned off the PC and went away for the weekend, when I came back I had the 1 second power up issue.

I replaced the PSU and had the same issue

I replaced the mobo with the same mobo and had the same issue

I popped in an old CPU and its FIXED!

So I would recommend checking the PSU first (buy one at Best Buy or an office supply store and use it to test - if it fixes the problem good, if not just return to the store), then the CPU or mobo (if you have any spares)

Upon closer inspection of the apparently bad cpu I noticed that my thermal compound had seeped down and shorted 2 pins! Apparently my sloppiness fried the CPU although it worked fine for 2 years...Bah.

-reply by Carlos

I had the exact same problem had to unplug then replug every time the power light and hard drive light blink for a second.Found out something when I was messing with bios battery kinda pushing on it toward +metal lead sticking up the connection was tight and didnt need my help even bent it ever so slighty to create better connection but for some reason when I pushed down and sideways the cpu fan would spin some times for 3 seconds and others for a second but I could keep doing that again and again. Worked better if I unpluged then repluged I think it is the soder or mobo. 

-reply by will

computer wont startPC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No BootupI have an Acer desktop,I have had trouble starting it for a while ,had to switch it on and of a few times and use f8 just to get it to start,well now it wont start at all.The small fan inside (near the mobo )I think cpu runs for a few seconds then stops, no power light on the front ,dvd lights up and opens .The big fan runs ok,not an expert I only know a little,Can anyone help please?-question by annette

Processor Fan Starts ans Stops No Display No Beeping CodePC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No Bootup

Hello Friends

Actually I have a system of Intel. When I start the machine processor fans starts for 1 second and then no responce means it stops. I have checked the power supply unit . One thing I found when I touch the Power connector again m,y fan rotates. POwer connector that is attached to the MOtherboard. When I remove the 12 V connect6or of processor my processor fan continously rotates. But when I connect 12V power connector of power supply to motherboard no display no beep sound and no fan rotation

if u have solution for this one kindly do a favour for me by mailing me

Thank U 

-reply by Ismail

cpu fanPC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No BootupHello FriendsActually I have a system of Intel. When I start the machine processor fans starts for 1 second and then no response means it stops. I have checked the power supply unit . One thing I found when I touch the Power connector again m,y fan rotates. POwer connector that is attached to the MOtherboard. When I remove the 12 V connect6or of processor my processor fan continuously rotates. But when I connect 12V power connector of power supply to motherboard no display no beep sound and no fan rotationIf u have solution for this one kindly do a favor for me by mailing me-feedback by Nirakar Pradhan

Problem solved - faulty DVD BurnerPC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No Bootup

wutske's suggestion worked for me.

I had the same problem. CPU Fan cuts out after about 1 second. 

I had a second similar specifications computer that I could swap parts with.

Changed PSU - still same problem

Changed CPU - still same problem

Changed CPU & CPU Heatsink/Fan combo - still same problem

Swapped CMOS batteries - still same problem

OK, I unplugged all hardware - HDD, FDD, DVD Burner - power remains on regardless of CPU/Heatsink Combo. Yay!

Further plugging and unplugging isolated the DVD Burner. If it is plugged in, the PSU crackles. And cuts power.

Replaced the DVD Burner -Problem solved. 

-reply by engellion

laptop starts then powers down itself after few seconds - No screen displayPC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No Bootup

my laptop starts then powers down itself after about 7 seconds and no screen display. I removed almost everything on the board and pressed the power switch again but the problem still cant be solved. I welcome anyone who can provide me opinions.

-question by Prince Chukambiri

Same problem - was power supplyPC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No Bootup

Same problem - cpu fan would spin and then just stop.  Tried power supply in another box on another mboard with nothing connected and same results. Replaced power supply and problem solved.

-reply by John

I had this problem on a system, it actually turned out to be the case itself.  I pulled everything out of the case, and noticed that the metal flap that supports the power supply was bent downward slightly, and that it had actually been making ever-so-slight contact with the motherboard.  I bent it back to its correct position, and the problem was gone.

PC switches on (CPU, PSU fans rotate) for 1 sec and then switches offPC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No Bootup

All,

I have been facing this issue for about a week now, and still trying to find a solution! Here's what happened:

• Installed a nVIDIA 9600 GT onto my D101GGC motherboard

• Initially my PC was connected to a UPS - UPS used to BEEP loudly and shut off after a min whenever I tried to play WiC or Supreme Commander

• Vexed as I was, I connected my PC directly to the MAINS (Stupid, Stupid!)

• Happily played for 3-4 days (It's a great value card for the money), until one fine day (2 AM in the monrning, actually) the lights went out (literally)!

• Cracked open the case, and saw that the PSU had blown a fuse. Replaced it with a new PSU

• Present Day - on touching the soft-touch POWER switch, the fans (CPU/PSU) rotate for 1 sec and then stops. When the PC is connected to the MAINS, the GREEN LED on the motherboard glows, showing that the Motherboard is receivng power.

• Disconnected all peripherals (GPU, Disk Drives, DVD ROM) and tried -no change

• Connected a POST diagnostic PCI card to see if I can figure out whether the issue is with the CPU or motherboard - no change

I am really trying to diagnose the problem to figure out if my motherboard or CPU (or both ) has conked out, so that I can replace one or the other. Any insights/advice/help is greatly appreciated!

My PC Config: P4 3.06 GHz, 2 GB DDR RAM, D101GGC Motherboard, NVIDIA 9600GT graphics card

Thanks,SammyhunK

-reply by Sammyhunk

Processor does not work....PC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No BootupHi,I pulled off the power cord that connects my hard disk from SMPS. Its then the processor moves fine and it reaches the booting screen.Now, I plugged power to the hard disk...The processor spins for 4 secs and then stalls...Not sure what is the issue with my computer.Please help !!-reply by Rakesh

booting problemPC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No Bootup

When I switch on my pc, the power and hdd light glow for a second, and also the smps fan spins for a second, and then everything goes blank. What's the problem ? Help me out guyz !

-question by tusax

fan spin for 2seconds and stop PC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No Bootup

my pc wont start up the fan spin for 2seconds and stop after I have change the power supplier still or is it the processor faulty coz before the was a sound coming from the inside

-reply by sipho

fan spins solutionPC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No Bootup

The problem might be of SMPS.I am having the same issue.I changed the smps then it strated working fine. Even if I Reassemble the system by connecting al wires once and if I  made my SMPS short by connecting the black and green wire with each other then it also got started but for the short time period. By shorting the SMPS its fans run continuously.But finaly I changed my SMPS and from the same day it is working ok

-reply by atul bhola

Acer Lptop switches on (CPU, PSU fans rotate) for 1 sec and then switches offPC Fan Spins For One Second And Stops - No Bootup

fan runs for a moment, then stops, laptop continues to boot up.

If I continue and the fan is not running, won't I burn up the machine?

Or should I just continue and see if the fan comes back on later (not sure what tells the fan to run or not)?

Thanks!

-reply by cowboy