xisto Community
lonebyrd

Fantasy Film Maker - Film Making Mmpog Great film making stategy game

I play this game Fantasy film maker, a MMPOG for a couple of years now. All text based, you write a script, any lenght, send it to a scriptwriter which takes a few days real time. Then you can cast it from a database of real actors and put it into production. Once production is done it can be released to cinema for Friday and profits (hopefully) start rolling in. They have an online newspaper, forum, shoutbox, scriptwriters guild, and many great features if you love to write and love movies. Check it out if you do.

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Maybe I didn't understand everything. But if somebody has to work on your scripts, do things with real actors and put it in production, who will pay that ? Do you have to supply these salaries before start playing ?

It's a text game, you write the films, use real actors that are stored in a database and put them in a pretend movie and put them through pretend cinema, as I said its a MMOPG.

Horrific Lies ProductionsFantasy Film Maker - Film Making Mmpog

I love this game! I played for a few months and wrote many scripts, mostly horror and sci-fantasy, but I made my money for my company and its movies by selling my scripts, which were then bought at the full imbursement by other companies, and there are some meg-rich companies in the game pushing movies out with a budget of 500 million plus; which is out of my reach. I enjoyed this game because it gave me a break from working on book form stories all the time. Some of my favourite works were sold to the richer producers. A cool fact about the game.One most memorable sale was- Once upon a time in Athens, which spurned a sudden but brief wave of those films, like the awesome horror flick- Once upon a time in Tahiti, about voodoo and zombie infestation.(I forget the producer and company, sorry just too many fine movie writers.) I made some really good friends here, and the ability to talk directly to other producers online at the time, should problems arise, or to talk, helped a lot.. I was hoping it had been upgraded; good-luck Mr.T; thanks for moderating the entire game, it was awesome fun for me. 

-reply by Len Sky