xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saxsux

Moved To Computinghost But am still being charged hosting credits

I've recently moved to paid hosting on Xisto - Web Hosting, transferring my hosting from Xisto. Even though I'm now on a different server, and paying for my hosting, I'm still loosing a hosting credit a day. It's no big deal, because my hosting isn't being suspended or anything (I've been in the negatives for quite a while now), but surely I shouldn't get charged hosting credits now that I'm not being hosted by Asta any more, should I?

Why bother at all. Since the hosting credits don't matter anymore, and it doesn't affect your forum account in any way.

No, I tried that. I get the message "Detecting Forum username ... Warning!.. unix user does not exist!".I think what's happened is that my hosting account has been moved from Xisto, but the forum system still thinks I'm hosted with Xisto when I'm not.

Your hosting account ... yes. Not your forum account. Atleast I don't think it will. But since you're not hosted here anymore and you say you're already way in the negative, AND your site is still working, I guess it doesn't matter anymore. But if you still feel funny about it, just PM m^e or moonwitch and they'll tell you what to do about it.

You forum account is always safe. It'll never get deleted, unless you've got only about 10-15 posts and haven't visited the board in over an year. Unless you're really getting bothered with your ticking-down credits counter, i suggest just let it be. However, what I can do is put you back in the Members group. That might help. Infact, that's exactly what I'll do. Let me know if the counter stopped ticking. Sometimes the credits system behaves in ways - which are totally alien to me, as I've no idea how it's been coded.

Lol. I told you - the credit system works in unprecedented ways when membership groups are switched manually bypassing it. It completely screws up the way it calculates credits.. But with that amount you shouldn't be having any problems - would you ;) I mean you're the highest credit holder on the board now. B)All right - problem solved I guess. Topic closed. Please PM me to reopen this if you've any further questions.