xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
round

Background Music html site problem

I've created this php site for someone and they want to add music, so i made a player in flash mx which streams and loops it. Here's the question - how to get it not to restart on every page.
I mean is there anyway to make them cache it or something. Need a solution which doesn't involve putting the site in frames which is all i could come up with.
round

Hmm, I don't think there is any other choice than using IFrames, unless you run it in a pop-under...? But I don't really like using backround music, so I don't know much about it, and if it's in flash the less I know, because i don't use flash either, sorry, not much I can do but bump this up abit for you... :)

I don?t know if I understand well what you need, but if its that a music don?t start again whenever you change scenes you can use the loadmovienum () command to open the music in a new .swf (it can be invisible).But It seems that you area searching something more complicated.

It seems like i've made my life more complicated or easier depending on how the day is going. The music swf file i've added to every page of the site is caching on some computers and not on others. So now if you click the music off on one page it's off on every other page.

Here's the link to the site i'm working on

ugosys

If anyone can tell me how it's loading on their end that would be great. And how to to ie from caching an swf file or any file for that matter. It's the first time i've run across this problem.

round