xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mechanik

Destroyed Raw Partition On MP4 Player how to create RAW partition

I accidentally formatted RAW partition on my new MP4 player because on the player was setup in online mode – multi read which shows in Windows both parts of flash disk FAT and RAW partition. I was nod precaution enough and I pointed in Windows Explorer on this part of disk and question from operating system ‘the disk is not formatted would you like to format now’ and I pressed yes. When the format was finished in the explorer I saw two separated disks one 2MB and other 117MB but complete capacity is 2GB. The player is not starting any more and I don’t know what to do any more.If someone knows how to solve this problem I will be very grateful to him. B)

I accidentally formatted RAW partition on my new MP4 player because on the player was setup in online mode â multi read which shows in Windows both parts of flash disk FAT and RAW partition. I was nod precaution enough and I pointed in Windows Explorer on this part of disk and question from operating system âthe disk is not formatted would you like to format nowâ and I pressed yes. When the format was finished in the explorer I saw two separated disks one 2MB and other 117MB but complete capacity is 2GB. The player is not starting any more and I donât know what to do any more.
If someone knows how to solve this problem I will be very grateful to him.
B)

Windows XP?

Go into Control Panel | Administration Tools | Computer Management | and look for Disk Management, find the drive setup for it and Delete that partition that was formatted, RAW partitions is considered free space to Windows, your MP4 player will most likely only understand FAT formatting, which I think you might have done FAT32 formatting on it. Hopefully this did not contain information needed for your MP4 player, but most likely it's built in rather than on the disk. When removed, try FAT formatting also...

You might also want to visit your Vendors website for your MP4 player and download any Utilities it may offer, which should be able to perform a low level format, normal format and quick format and maybe resetup your player.

Cheers,

MC