xisto Community
foolakadugie

Photos From The Camping At The Beach Photos from the camping at the beach

WOWW - what can I say, I'm breathless. Terrific compositions as well as framing.. and such perfect exposures - man you've caught every little details in every picture.. Hats off to you. :) What was the camera dude ?? Temme temme.. film or digital ?I like the 3rd and the 4th the best. The 3rd one - such depth !! Besides the tonality portrays such a dramatic mood. Good one man. :PDude, infact the third one is perfect for a Magazine man. Or a photography book. It's your best among the whole lot believe me - and I've spent years studying the nuances of photography. It could very well be featured in a photography book. Also, the stone trail all the way upto the sea adds a totally different perspective to this pic.

Awesome pics. I wish you hadn't clipped them like that so I could have used them for wallpapers. These pics really are crystal clear. I just love the first one, just the kind of photo to make a poster from.

i really like the final picture you posted, the view is amazing, the kind of thing you would love to be able to see every evening.have you had any photographical training or experience? you seem to be rather good at it.

All I can say is WoW (and I don't mean World of Warcraft with that :) ) What camera did you use? I really like them, especially the first. Maybe you could send them to the camping, they might like them for their advertising :P . Also the third one is amazing btw.-=jeroen=-

I agree that the photos really looks great! I don't know why but the second one and the last one are the best for me, those stones in the second one is really amazing, I don't have these kind of stones in my country, maybe that is why I liked it and besides, I like stones and different shapes and sizes and colours of them. :)The last photo opens an amazing view, I also like seeing different forms of sky/clouds a evening, mornings, sunsets, they usually look amazing. I really want to go to the sea now :P because I don't live near the sea and I usually visit there only once a year.. :D

I really liked the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and the 5th photos very much. Beautiful composition. As for the the 4th, there seems to be something just out of the place, that I cannot put a finger on. And for the fifth, it would have gone better with a better light composition. The layout composition is good, but it asks something from the department of light.That said, the first one is my favourite among the set.Which camera did you use?

Thank you everyone for the flattering words. It is nice to hear feedback. Feel free to give some criticism.miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG, my camera is a Kodak Z740. It is a digital camera that has the capability to be adjusted manually. It is a little inconvenient to use the manual settings though since they are not adjusted on the lense but in electronic menus. It is a new camera that I got at the begining of this year. I still want a real manual film camera, since both my previous cameras were stolen about 2 years ago, one of which took was a film camera that took amazingly sharp pictures. I am just happy to have a camera again. ;) I have had some training. I graduated from art school a few months ago and although photography was not my major I did take two photographics courses (one black & white and one fashion photography).abhiram, if you would like, I could find the uncropped image if there was a particular one that you want to use for a desktop. I just throught the cropping would tighten up the composition a bit.warbird, actually their photos on the campsite website are a bit bland. I just might do that as long as they give me credit. They are state beaches so they don't really have much of a budget I would assume.Quatrux, what country are you from? What type of stones are common there/ I really enjoyed scavenging this beach for interesting rocks. Most of the beach was covered in stones, all nice and smoothed from the ocean. We cracked open a few big ones by throwing them at other rocks to find some crystals inside. I brought a few rocks home but when they are dry they loose their luster. Today I actually put them in a bowl of water to see them wet again. It's amazing how much color and shine a little water can bring out of a rock.Vyoma, I did take some lighter photos of the sunset, but that last one there I liked because of the darkness, I think. Although some of the other ones that I took were quite nice, alot of sunset photos just seem very generic to me. I thought that that last image was a little different than most sunset pictures I have seen. There was a sense of mystery, maybe even a bit eerie.Anyway, yeah it was a good trip and we sat on the beach until it was dark out, played some music, and then built a nice big campfire and cooked some chicken, with fresh rosemary and sage that grew all over the place there. B)

Wow, that's one reply to a whole lot of people ;).

abhiram, if you would like, I could find the uncropped image if there was a particular one that you want to use for a desktop. I just throught the cropping would tighten up the composition a bit.

That'll be great. I'd appreciate it if you could either PM me or post back here with a link to the first image. It'll look just great on my Fluxbox desktop.

Thanks B).

Well here is that photo at It's original size/ratio/resolution. I didn't take them at a super high resolution due to memory space on my camera. I gues you can scale it to the propper size that you need. I don't mind people using the image as a desktop but if you would like to use it for other purposes I would appreciate being informed about it.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Great ... thanks for the link. Hmm... 1536x2048 huh? That poses a slight problem. I guess I'll have to cut it to get exactly what I need for my desktop. In any case, thanks a lot. Love the pic B).

Alright now, here's a pic of my desktop (I never get tired of showing it off B) ).

Posted Image

Here's link to the pic resized to 1024x768 in case anyone wants it. I had to cut it a bit, but I believe I've captured the essence of the photo.

Posted Image

they are very nice photographs. congratulations. they show you are an art student, got an eye for composition.it's impressive how good just normal non slr digitals can be, my friend has a sony from only a few years ago and it's surprizingly good.

Fantastic! I love the pebble pictures as they are well set out and give a nice effect!The pictures with the sand is quite nice and gloomy!My favoutrite is the last one as it looks very scary and hellish! That one was the best one, but they were all very good! Well done!Compuccino