xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SunBlind

Photoshop Tutorial: Sunblind's Custom Style #8 - EyeHeartGold EyeHeartGold

This style actually started off as "Bluminum," or in normal people terms, blue aluminum. I was messing around with some variations and found one that resembled some kind of cartoonish gold, so I gave it a name and saved it. Enjoy!

Posted Image

Create a new image with a size to fit your text. In my case, I'm using a 72px font (I think) called Kristen ITC.

1. Type your desired text in any color and try to center it. Color doesn't matter because a Gradient Overlay will be applied.

Example

2. Now it's time for the effects - We'll start with a Gradient Overlay. Click on the "f" icon on your Layers palette and go to Gradient Overlay.

Posted Image

3. Use these settings

Posted ImagePosted Image

Example

4. Next, we apply an Inner Glow

Posted Image

Example

5. Now an Outer Glow

Posted Image

Example

7. Apply a Stroke

Posted Image

Example

8. Finally, add a Drop Shadow

Posted Image

There ya go! If you are having trouble understanding the settings, or would rather just get the style prepackaged, you can get it in the Downloads section of my tutorials site.

Oh wow, that's odd... Thanks for letting me know, I'll have to re-upload them."Bluminum" is the original version of this style, instead of looking like gold it was a metalllic blue-like style.I'll get the correct images posted up here in a sec, sorry about that.

You're welcome :lol: Glad to hear that my useless tinkering in PS pays off for someone Lol.