xisto Community
romulo1405241517

Program To Design Your Website Program to design your website

I have a few questions about desinging a site:
What is the best program to desing a site? Question
What program do you use to design nice pictures and banners?

Plz give some info!! Exclamation

As probably many did, I have started my first site in Front Page. Was wery proud of it for a couple of month untill realised that it's just junk. Moved to DreamVeawer later on and still am using it. FireWorks for graphics.
But lately I've cought myself more and more using notepad (Notepad++). Somehow it's easier for me to work with PHP code in simple, or better colored text.

Wow, I feel so special - no one mentioned Eclipse as an HTML editor. With WTP, you can code HTML pages in Eclipse, along with other JSP and servlet files. I like it much better because of the tight integration with JSP/servlet development builtin. As for graphics, I use Fireworks. Though I've never used Photoshop, I heard that Fireworks is a much more vector-oriented (graphics don't distort as much when stretched) application.By the way, Notepad is nice too when you just want to make a small adjustment (IE opens the source in Notepad automatically).

I have a few questions about desinging a site:
What is the best program to desing a site? Question
What program do you use to design nice pictures and banners?

Plz give some info!! Exclamation

I totally agree with everyone else who has said Dreamweaver. For designing a website whether a beginner or an expert, whether simple or complicated - Dreamweaver is definetly the best way to go. This is because there are lots of features you can use and combined with an FTP server, it opens up a whole new range of possibilities. The latest version Dreamweaver MX I think, is a great piece of software. I'm not sure if you have to pay for it or not but you can download it from the internet for just over 100 MB. However, there are some disadvantages when it comes to using Dreamweaver for the first time. It may seem a little complicated at first because there are so many possibilities, but when you play around and read a few tutorials it becomes more and more simpler.

Another website designing program, which is not as good as Dreamweaver, is Microsoft Frontpage. Here you create your website layout(s) on a new page(s). I'm not sure how to upload this design to your website but I think that your host will have a Frontpage feature that will let you do this. But don't go along with what I said, just ask around to make sure! :o Good luck with which ever one you choose.

OK, Dreamveawe seems to achive overall support. Let me throw a stone. What I don't like about dreamveawer.When doing ASP pages I finally gave up attempts to use Dreamveawer asp features. It's easier to learn ASP then to figure out how to use them in Dreamveaver. So I do it old good manual way. (Luckily, there are not so many options for PHP, so did not waist time trying to use them).Not sure about the latest Dreamveawer, but the one I have (Do not remember the release, the last one wich did not require activation) does not handle css properly (One more reason why I started to use notepad).FTP feature of Dreamveawer is stripped off. You could not set it to view hidden files like .htaccess for example.Yes, it's feature rich, but it takes time to learn how to use it so it does things for you. And in many cases it's easier to learn how to do the same things yourself

I prefer to use dreamweaver and photoshop, they are both very powerful programs that can do alot. I wouldn't recommend Frontpage if your onto your second website, because it only supports html and nothing else that I am aware of.But it is more or less a matter of opinion and level of skill.

Wow. This thread helped me out as well! I've got nearly enough credits to get hosting! Anyway, thanks to all people here who posted links to useful programs! :lol:

Photoshop is great for creating graphics, while Flash is useful for animated objects. I wouln't use Flash too much though on the web page. Seems that excessive flash use is definitely out of style and web sites that are flash movies are not popular ( they look nice, but search engines can't index them). I like Dreamweaver for html because it has a lot of automated features like synchronizing, checking broken links, etc.