I have got the following question about my graphic-card:

In my current system, there is a Powercolor Radeon 9800 XT

(265MB Ram) installed. You know... this card supports the shader

2.1 model from ATI.

And now my question:

Is it possible to install an emulator or an emulation graphics driver

which emulates the shader 3.0 model... of corse in a "soft" (=software

emulated) way?

Some time ago there was such a emulator for Matrox graphic boards...

these boards (so far as i know) only supported DirectX an no OpenGL.

With a special driver, OpenGL was emulated in the CPU and (slow) gaming

in an OpenGL environment was possible...

Thanks for your time &

Greetings from Austria

Harry1984

Ok well was searching for this thread, i have a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 I am not that well into tweaking or graphics, but recently while playing games like Battlefield 2, NFS: Most Wanted, Blood Rayne etc I have been getting frequent errors, as in they dont start at all or they just go blank with a scrambled screen, or as in the case of Most Wanted, the graphics hang while game play.

Battlefield 2 needs Pixel Shader 2.0 i suppose ? how do i get it working on my card above ? .. any leads ?

Regards

Dhanesh ..

Things they could do

Shader 3.0 On Shader 2.1 Board?

They should talk to Intel. I hear they have no problems running the shaders with there on-board GFX. Heh the shader and bf2

-reply by InT3L

Hi at all!

I have got the following question about my graphic-card:

In my current system, there is a Powercolor Radeon 9800 XT

(265MB Ram) installed. You know... this card supports the shader

2.1 model from ATI.

And now my question:

Is it possible to install an emulator or an emulation graphics driver

which emulates the shader 3.0 model... of corse in a "soft" (=software

emulated) way?

Some time ago there was such a emulator for Matrox graphic boards...

these boards (so far as i know) only supported DirectX an no OpenGL.

With a special driver, OpenGL was emulated in the CPU and (slow) gaming

in an OpenGL environment was possible...

Thanks for your time &

Greetings from Austria

Harry1984

Umm... problem is that you're going to have a lot of artifacts and slow frame rates if you do that. Many cheap cards now do Direct X 10 and have Shader Model 4.0 for under $100.

Ok well was searching for this thread, i have a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 I am not that well into tweaking or graphics, but recently while playing games like Battlefield 2, NFS: Most Wanted, Blood Rayne etc I have been getting frequent errors, as in they dont start at all or they just go blank with a scrambled screen, or as in the case of Most Wanted, the graphics hang while game play.

Battlefield 2 needs Pixel Shader 2.0 i suppose ? how do i get it working on my card above ? .. any leads ?

Regards

Dhanesh ..

You need a new card, even playing America's Army on that card shows many graphical corruptions. My brother used to have that card and man, it wasn't funny watching him lag ... until he gets shot and watch how ridiculously died because of the lag.

Anyways, I gave him my old NVIDIA GeForce 6600, so much better for him now. He can play Battlefield 2142 no problem.

I currently have a Sapphire Radeon 3650 512MB DDR2 PCIe x16 and it works wonders for less than $100. (tax not incl.)

xboxrulz

Shader 3.0 emulation

Replying to Harry1984a

As for the answer of your question I am telling you that there is a rasterizer in directx only for developers to test for continuing the development caller refference rasterizer. That user software emulation for displaying output. But now-a-days it is very necessary to have a highly performanced graphics card to develop. And this rasterizer gives a low performance and can not be distributed for many reason. Such as it's frame rate is very low to continue. It's for another purpose. And I think you want to play games via emulation. You will not be able to do that. I am ensuring you it is imposible. You are saying that there is an emulation in Matrox graphic boards for opengl. That fully different. If our graphics card can support directx then we can emulate opengl. But not the same for the shaders or extentions. And none can emulate directx 10.1 via opengl.

OK. Good bye and good luck.

I am a Shader Programmer of eYe Interactive.

-reply by Maze

pixel shader 3 emulatorShader 3.0 On Shader 2.1 Board?

You could try 3D Analyzer (just google for it),I think the option "emulate pixel shader caps" is what you need, it emulatets v3 on boards that support v2.

It is unlikely you will be able to emulate Shader Model 3.0 on a graphics card that supports only Shader Model 2.1 .Unfortunately once, I was in the same situation as you, when I had bought the game Rainbow Six Vegas to play on my computer, only to find out after installation that the game required Shader Model 3.0 to run. At the time, I had a Nvidia GeForce FX5600 which only supported Shader Model 2.x, so the game was incompatible with the hardware and resulted in a blank screen when the game was started. Fortunately, for me, I got a new computer in the last 6 months with a graphics card that supported Shader Model 4.0, which should allow the card to be used for future games.In your situation, I suggest you may want to purchase a new low to mid-end graphics card that does support Shader Model 3.0 . But if most the system components in your computer are years old, you are better off upgrading and buying a new computer, rather than upgrading the graphics card.

Patch for pixel shader v2 to 3 Shader 3.0 On Shader 2.1 Board?

Hi, all I have been hacking the GPU hardware and now I have found a way to make pixel shader v3 games work on pixel shader v2.

Wanna download it,beware it has many ,many artifects ( in alpha ver)

Games tested:

Grand Theft Auto Iv

Only supports: ATI Radion x600 (256-512mb ram)

/baidu.html?from=noscript

-reply by Wordog

Umm... Problem is that you're going to have a lot of artifacts and slowFrame rates if you do that. Many cheap cards now do Direct X 10 andHave Shader Model 4.0 for under $100.

Problem with that is, most newer cards are going to require a PCI-Express slot on your mobo.  Not sure how difficult it is to get a halfway decent upgrade for AGP to run games that utilize Shader 3.0+, but if you have have a AGP mobo, your not only looking at $100+ for a GPU, your looking at a new mobo which can run about 150 bucks for a mid range board and a new CPU which can run about the same if your looking at a mid range Quad or even Dual Core.  There might also be the possiblity that you'll need new RAM, so how about another 40-80 bucks?  New GPU might also require more power than you have, so throw in a 600+ watt PSU.  If the PSU is too beefy for your case, guess what?  Quality case gonna run you atleast $100 by itself, probably more if you need a case to hold the typical PSU that is made for newer rigs (1000+ watts).

-reply by David

hi there, I tried to follow the link but it appears to be ded!

Can you send me this utility by email I really need it

Patch for pixel shader v2 to 3

Hi, all I have been hacking the GPU hardware and now I have found a way to make pixel shader v3 games work on pixel shader v2.

Wanna download it,beware it has many ,many artifects ( in alpha ver)

Games tested:

Grand Theft Auto Iv

Only supports: ATI Radion x600 (256-512mb ram)

/baidu.html?from=noscript

-reply by Wordog

help me with my VGA card problem plz...Shader 3.0 On Shader 2.1 Board?Hi all. I've just installed a game called GRID. When I ran the game it said that my graphics card doesn't support shader 3.0. I used directx 10 in my laptop actually, and as I know directx 10 support shader 4.0. How come does the game can't be run in my laptop? is it possible for me to change my VGA card? just let u know that my VGA card is on board with graphics memory 358 MB. If I can't change my VGA card, any idea what should I do to fix up my problem?? THANK YOU.-question by akido

Shadr 3.0 on 2.1 boardShader 3.0 On Shader 2.1 Board?

Friends, I've found a good thing. I also encountered such problems but now all fixed.

Just google search for "Shader Mark 2.1" (FREE)

It emulates your Pixel as well as Vertex shader to the next level. I,e. If you have PS 2 then it makes it PS 3 and so on.

Enjoy

-reply by Shikhar

How can I play battlefield 2 with 3d analyzer? please give me the 3d analyzer configuration.Shader 3.0 On Shader 2.1 Board?

How can I play battlefield 2 with 3d analyzer? please give me the 3d analyzer configuration.

-reply by Shuvajit

Hi i have just come accross this topic as i am trying to do this on my pc could whoever posted this comment please tell me how to do this: Shadr 3.0 on 2.1 boardShader 3.0 On Shader 2.1 Board?Friends, I've found a good thing. I also encountered such problems but now all fixed. Just google search for "Shader Mark 2.1" (FREE)It emulates your Pixel as well as Vertex shader to the next level. I,e. If you have PS 2 then it makes it PS 3 and so on.Enjoy-reply by Shikhar I have download shader mark 2.1 but i cannot see how to peform this task all it does is show me a ball!Thanks