xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Hercco

Smarty: Does Anyone Use It? And Should I?

Although I've been working with PHP for a while now I just recently heard of Smarty, the template engine written in PHP to be used with PHP pages. I read the introduction stuff from their website (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) and glanced through the rest of the documentantation and it seemed quite sensible system.So I've started thinking that may be I should go Smarty. Should I? First of all I haven't done my PHP stuff with templates, although for my gallery system I want to go for template driven designs so perhaps at some point I could give out the system for other people to use and it would be easier for them to customize. First I thought I'd write my own template engine, but why bother if there are ready systems out there. So has anyone used Smarty and would you recommend it? Are the packages installed here at Asta? Or are there other similar template engines for PHP and are they any better?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)