xisto Community
HellFire121

How To Get Your Site Indexed By Google? google search

hi, well i had my website that was pretty high on googles rank but i have no idea how it got listed in there.Now that i'm changing hosts to Xisto i'm wondering what i can do to get my site indexed quicker and higher on googles ranking system besides optimising my webpages (they have already been optimised).Also how do i get my site indexed on msn?with google and msn my old site just 'magically' appeared on google without me doing anything, would that be the same with Xisto?thanks

Well , if you see you site statistics in Xisto you can see that bots from differnt search engines access your site. Atleast they access mine. So the only thing which you can do is structure your page in a way that natural queries are embedded in them , like I was thinking to planting Hatim email address , or geoaxis email address in the page ..as some one who might be looking for my email address would probably start by typing this thing.There is a service from google called site maps ..i think it helps in indexing. I am looking for ways to do some thing like that before I start an online business of some sort.

Strangely i have heard that if you use googles submit url it actualy takes LONGER for your website to be listed in googles indexs, but i'm not sure if this is true though. Have any of you used the manual add url? If so what results did you get..

cpanel can submit your site to google? I never knew that, mainly because it wasnt on my old host (they used cpanel 10 aka. cpanel X). Thanks for that info, does Xisto have the google submit thing in cpanel? and @ xbox, roughly how long did it take to get listed?Thanks again

I think META tags may help with indexing yoru site accurately. You can add these in the head section of your HTML.

Here are a few I use:

<META name="description" content="a description of your page"><META name="keywords" content="a, list, of, keywords">

BTW, you don't have to add the tags to every page of your site, just a few main ones will do. :)

Ok well now that i have my webhosting here at Xisto, i used the search engine submit script.So.. google will crawl all your pages if there are links to them?Because i have a few 'mini-sites' on subdomains and would they get linked on their own or do i need to place links to them.Thanks again for all your replies

I'm slightly skewing off topic, but didn't want to make a new thread just for this question. I've heard that some search engines are reluctant to post sites from free hosting sources. Does anyone know the likelihood of getting an Xisto site listed?