xisto Community
Vicious_AD

Favourite Harvest Moon Game? There seem to be so many...

Personally, my favorite would have to be Friends of Mineral town for the gameboy advanced. I play it on a rom so I don't have the annoyingness of a tiny screen, but all in all I think it's the best. I was very disappointed in the newest addition, A wonderful Life. The things you can do are very limited,and they tried to hard to change the farming system and the basis of your farm. Really, the only plus is the awesome graphics and the fact that you can raise your kid. Out of all of the harvest moon games, which is your favorite?

Harvest moon is a series of games. They're very unique, because they're the only game in which you play a farmer. It sounds very boring when you hear about it, but it's really not as simple as being a real farmer. They're not really action packed or anything, but you have to keep your farm alive, take care of your animals, keep in good relations with the villagers, get married, buy tools and upgrade them, win competitions, upgrade buildings, cook, fish, build, lumberjack, and a ton more. I know it sounds really lame, but it's actually a pretty fun series.

My favorite is the one on the snes. i forget the name but i remember you could kill your animals with the scythe just like the grim reaper. i actually played through it a couple of times ( not killing my animals) and found it to be interesting plus i really wanted to marry the girl on the grape farm. haha she really didnt do much to help me in the game sometimes she would go collect eggs but i think she broke em everytime. then i tried to kill her with my scythe but that didnt work. but yeah that game was cool.

Friends of mineral town, definately. All of the Gamecube and or Ps2[i forget what they put them out on] are just..ugh, terrible. It's like it's not even in the harvest moon series, just a badly made fangame or something, i dunno, i just hated the non-topdown style of it all.

Friends of mineral town, definately. All of the Gamecube and or Ps2[i forget what they put them out on] are just..ugh, terrible. It's like it's not even in the harvest moon series, just a badly made fangame or something, i dunno, i just hated the non-topdown style of it all.

I loved the graphics but hated how much they tried to change the gamecube version to make it non traditional. It was just a risky move that didn't work out because I guess they figured people would get tired of the same old thing. To me harvest moon sequels should just be like "beta harvest moon" and stuff like that because they should just add on to the origional, not change anything or take anything away.

I like the original one one snes but also like the new girl type one because i am a girl ^.^The newer ones move really slow though... at least it seems that way to mebtw, have you heard about the new online harvest moon game?It is not out yet. the publisher is a company called victor entertainment and its going to be out for the pc and xbox 360.^^ Just thought you might be interested.I know i'll be getting that game ^.^

I like the original one one snes but also like the new girl type one because i am a girl ^.^The newer ones move really slow though... at least it seems that way to me

btw, have you heard about the new online harvest moon game?
It is not out yet. the publisher is a company called victor entertainment and its going to be out for the pc and xbox 360.

^^ Just thought you might be interested.

I know i'll be getting that game ^.^

woo, that sounds really cool. I hope it is, anyway... because the part I liked most about harvest moon was that time was as long as you wanted, and the harvest moon world was innocent and secluded. I feel like if it becomes an mmorpg it'll get tainted and become too real. like it'll just become too complicated or somoething. It seems like a great idea, and I really hope it plays out well, but I guess that's dependent on the type of users that play it. If a bunch of dumb little kids shouting "omfgwtf nooob!!!11shift" start playing it it'll just becoem another runescape. so I'm at a tossup... and I hope it comes out late enough for the newer macs with the intel chips. because right now, mac sucks and I'm stuck on a mac.

I thought it was very lame till it was my only gameboy game that worked left, then when I got gba I ofc got mineral town which is much more fun.

woo, yea, I didn't like the gameboy color one at all. It seemed really badly made to me. which gameboy one are you talking about the first one or friends of mineral town?

I prefer the origional snes version of the game to any other. After the first year, the gamecube version got boring, and I never played any others. :PYep, definetly the origional.

definitely the Gameboy Color one.So fun, you know? simple ol' fun.There was this cheat/bug that let you have unlimited eggs, and then another one that let you sell eggs for the price of chickens! Unlimited cash money, yo.