xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

Command Prompt Tips

CMD PromptCommand Prompt Tips

Q: I am unable to open my cmd prompt why? and where is the actual cmd directory not shortcut directory please answer to my question?

-reply by PrinceOfParsia

If someone wants superior console on Windows, they should drop cmd and try MinTTY. It is based on Putty, the great SSH client and offers users who are more familiar with Unix a calmer mind while working in Windows ;)

MinTTY is small, fast and configurable, offers command history that is not delete when you close it.

There is one "problem", it requires Cygwin environment to run, but once you grasp some Unix tools such as grep, you'll be able to do some things many times faster than through GUI (grep comes very handy when filtering text files, converting logs and so on).

Check you Cygwin.

well first things first when it comes up does it ask if you wanna boot in safe mode and also what OS are you using

how to change Admin settings in command prompt mode????

Command Prompt Tips

My system is starting only in safe mode. Somebody changed my administration settings. Now I couldn't install kapersky. I wanna login normally and not from safe mode.Somebody help me with it...

Also please tell me how to change administration settings in Command prompt mode.

Is ther some way to find out the admin password using DOS commands???

-question by sandy

Edited by codemaster (see edit history)

#1.   First, you open your command prompt, then you type in without the quotes "tracert" then you type the site you want, and there should be numbers in square brackets, then you type it on the enternet at the top screen. There you go! 

size of the folder using commandCommand Prompt Tips

I need size of the folder using command for example in e:(drive) one folder name is called oradata so I want to check the size of the oradata folder using command

Please help me

-reply by aravindan

Run explorer with system privelagesCommand Prompt Tips

hey! XP users, here's a wonderful trick for u.Just Go to start-run-cmdType "at"(without qoutes)If u get a output as "There are no entries in the list" then u are done.Then typeAt 17:30 /interactive "cmd.Exe"Here 17:30 is the time, so u have to give a time 1 or 2 minutes later from your current time.Then at tour given time, a new cmd type window will occur automatically. But it's title will be svchost.Exe. Now u can close the previous cmd window.Now in the new window type "taskmgr" without quotes.Go to processes and end the process explorer.Exe.Then again type explorer.Exe in the svchost window.Now click on start and you will see that the current user is "SYSTEM".Now here u can run all program with administrator privelages.Enjoy!

-reply by Prem