xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tripletriangle

Gmail Will Kick But When Opened To Public How other companies might suffer

I checked out the gmail site. It has incredible features... Much better in functionality and ease of use then Hotmail and Yahoo! combined! I hadn't heard about it until recently and am to late to sign up as a tester... If anyone has any information about signing up as a tester please let me know...The competitor companies will either lose A LOT of customers or will have to upgrade their services and make it public... Get alot of propaganda out... People might not want to change services since they are accustomed to the original service. Or they might use messenger and won't be able to change without cutting alot of contacts (that is the case of Yahoo!, I know MSN Messenger has the capability for gmail). And most users who might be interested in the features gmail has are the ones who use e-mail a whole lot... To the average Joe using e-mail now and then, gmail might not seem very appealing... Hey, another e-mail service providor...So both G-mail and all other services need to improve their methods of getting customers and keeping them...Lets just see... I cant wait and see how it goes...

gmail registration is by invitation. if you want an invite, PM me your email address, and i'll be happy to invite you to gmail.

In my opinion the invitation process is a marketting campagne. It converts gmail in something desirable since you need an invitation (which is really easy to obtain) to enter it. So, a lot of people is changing to gmail and i bet that in not so long time Google with announce a instant messenger client.

That would be effing awesome. Google Messenger. Has a ring to it.But I agree, it probably is a marketing campaign. Say you need invites to join it, that way people want them. Then when everyone's got Gmail, make a ploy to take over the world with Google Products!GIM. Google IM baby.

Gah, I need an effing edit button. What I was going to say in addition to my last post is that Google is probably going to, in the end, become a manufacturer of E-products like Yahoo is. Just my prediction.