xisto Community
reldas

Contact Form

i am making a website and i want to put a contact me thing on it so people can email me with problems question and suggestion but i dont no how to do this i have a hotmail account plz i really want this and also if anyone could help out with a guestbook thing that would be great

-----This is not a tutorial. Moved from [How-To's and Tutorials > HTML, XML and other Markup Languages] to [How to's and Tutorial Request Section]-----szupie

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

There are two ways.

1. Create a form using PHP or ASP to submit a message from the person to your email through the web page.

2. An easier way is to give them a link that brings up their e-mail client with your address in the Send To: bar.

<a href="mailto:your.email.name@hotmail.com">Email Me</a>

Then it would look like:

Email Me

You can find pre-made Guestbook scripts everywhere. All you need to do is type into google "Free Guestbook Script" and then click on one of the links that provide it.

<a href="mailto:your.email.name@hotmail.com">Email Me</a>

this is probably not the best way from privacy point of view, because then robots crawling the web will be able to read your email address and you will receive spam in your mailbox.

Personally, I will only use a PHP form to broadcast the information.However, you could also try using google search to try and find pre-made open-source contact forms.