xisto Community
WeaponX

Balloon Tips Overlapped By Taskbar...

This has happened to me several times already and I'm not sure what's causing it. It could happen when I'm online or offline. For some reason, the tooltips are overlapped by the start menu (taskbar) sometimes. Like just now when I was looking at my wireless network tooltip:

Posted Image

What causes this and is there a fix for it? I usually just deal with it for the remainder of my computer session...it goes away probably after a reboot, but I want to know the reason behind this.

Thanks.

I have the same problem and i believe it happens when you were "ballooning" the icon in the taskbar when a program or command caused your taskbar to be the selected "window". This pushes the "balloon tip" behind your taskbar. You could get rid of it by switching users and log back in i think. At least that's what i did and it works. I'm not exactly sure if I'm correct though, it doesn't happen often for me.

A thousand thanks for that techocian. At first it seems to have made things worse. Double clicked on one of the icons (network connection properties window) and it went behind my browser instead :D But closed it and tried hovering over it...all fixed now :D

It's because of the Task Bar Settings (Keep The Task Bar On Top of Other Windows) Radio Buttin is ON. Right Click on th Task Bar, deselect  "Keep The Task Bar On Top Of Other Windows" and you should be all set. It's rare that you need that option vut thats why your having over lapping issues on  some systems

-reply by Doc D.