xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vicious_AD

Free Flash Authoring Programs

I'm sure this question is posed alot, and I may even get mobbed by an idiotic "use the search button" crew for it, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any free multimedia flash authoring tools available for download. It's not that I'm cheap, but I really don't have enough money to buy the macromedia flash because it's insanely expensive. Are there any free alternatives out there for either mac of pc?

Well they have an eval version. which you can try for 30 days. And after that you can clean registry and reinstall it. I have not read any User Agreements ..but I think this will not be forbidden by law (it ay be frowned upon)Flash is good ...but it still pisses me off that thye dont have a good solution to run on linux.

I still trying to figure out how to use flash..  Its cool but is it really that hard to make a flash game?  Has anyone here made a flash game?

1064335878[/snapback]

there is a many tutorials on the net, for making flash games, there is even an completed games source codes, that you may download and open in macromedia flash, so you can see how it works, action script code and all that stuff... just you will need to google out a bit... :D

Where is the Freeware

Free Flash Authoring Programs

I want to make my own flash videos. Unfortunately the only thing that I can find is a bunch of trial editions and support software. I wan full version authoring software.

-reply by Noskire

If you're willing to rish trying Gnash, an opensource version of Flash, they are still under heavy development.
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/

xboxrulz

I think that is a Flash player, not Flash authoring software. I'm also looking for Flash authoring software, but I do not want to buy Flash CS3 or anything like that, I would prefer something that is free and runs on either Windows or Linux.

Swish is a program that allows animations to be saved as FLV (Flash) files. The newer version is over $100 so not a big savings. However they revious versions were shareware if memory serves. You can look at oldversion.com for the later. AdditionallyI quick search located this site with free flash authoring tools. I hope one of these locations has what you are looking for.