xisto Community
expert77

Window Vista bete

Vista's not realy worth the money you pay for it,Windows XP is easier to use, vista can't run lots of my games and who would pay £500 for thatBill gates has soo much money he doesnt know what to do with it, well pricing an OS that much won't help!Although vista has its good points, it detects hardware & installs it - without the disk (if its new state of the art hardware!)So wether you should upgrade to vista is realy up to what you do on it.SHOULD I BUY YISTA?Gaming people: NO - You wont be able to play some of the games!Graphics: Yes/No - it doesnt realy matter thing like fireworks and photoshop will work with XP and VistaOther - yes/no So you dont need vista, you can download vista themes and still have XP! (do that)- Shorty ;)

Windows XP is easier to use

This statement right here shows you haven't really used vista, or only glanced at it. Please don't spread FUD when you're inexperienced with a product, it only puts you in the line of the ignorant fools. If you still believe you're correct, then back this statement up.

vista can't run lots of my games and who would pay ÂŁ500 for that

Lots of your games? As in, many? Which ones - I'm sure you're exaggerating on this part. It's rather nice starforce games do not work.

Bill gates has soo much money he doesn't know what to do with it

Are you aware no other person on earth has donated, or even nearly as much, to charity as him? He's working on his Gates foundation. I guess I was correct in assuming you were lacking knowledge and one of those FUD spreaders. While not directly related to the Windows OS, this is something everyone a bit knowledgeable on Windows versions and news knows.

Although vista has its good points, it detects hardware & installs it - without the disk (if its new state of the art hardware!)

Oh, you mean PLUG AND PLAY. Seriously. It was added since XP and before (although started decent in XP), and there have been plenty of other improvements in Vista.

Gaming people: NO - You wont be able to play some of the games!

Actually the other way around. Vista Games Achievements is coming up, and maybe the words 'Directx 10' may ring a bell to you.

Graphics: Yes/No - it doesnt realy matter thing like fireworks and photoshop will work with XP and Vista

Other - yes/no

So you dont need vista, you can download vista themes and still have XP! (do that)

Ah, so Vista is XP with a brand new theme. You only noticed there is a new theme.

I'm convinced. You have no idea about Vista at all, I'm assuming you haven't even touched it.

Before making more of a fool out of yourself I suggest you read the following - everything-.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Dude try Vista for yourself if you haven't already and eventually you will see the complaints about it, in comparison to XP, the time spent on the darn thing and the price.And also half the features or enhancements that didn't make it in...... after all this time...... surprise surprise!!!

I'm running Vista right now, and I gotta tell you, it's much better than Windows XP.However, Battlefield 2142 doesn't work for me !$@%#!...About the UAC, administrators get 99% full control of the system, the 1% is for security measures that Microsoft deems that you are unworthy of touching.I run my computer using limited-account, and use the admin account to install stuff.xboxrulz

Day One with Windows Vista.I just installed the Windows Vista "business" version I got through my school, and installed it on my desktop, and so far have had no problems whatsoever. I've been on an OS binge, trying out several flavors of Linux and windows trying to see which combination I want to keep for awhile. I'd been using Windows 2000 for the longest time, but I figured it was time to upgrade and keep up with the times.First thing was installing Windows Vista. The installation has been extremely "dumbed down" from the Windows 2000 version, giving the administration hardly any need to enter input while it's installing. Just booted from the dvd and it pretty much handled itself for the most part. Reading through the new license agreement was rather scary, just because they sound like Big Brother with all the information they warn you that they will be sending to Microsoft and that if I don't like it to shut up and turn off the computer. ;) So past that, I entered my license key and all that and it pretty much took as long to install as Fedora did the night previous. (OS binge, I've been going through a few every day ;) ) It took quite awhile to "configure" stuff, and preparing the desktop took awhile, but once everything was set, and it only needed to reboot once (which is amazing considering how many times the older windows versions needed to reboot) I was presented with Windows Vista's GUI for the first time. The first thing I noticed was that the GUI looked a lot more like the Linux distributions that I had been tinkering with for the past few days. The default mouse pointer is a little stubbier than the old ones I remember...First thing that happened, before I even had a chance to click the new "start" menu, was a popup saying it was automatically downloading a whole bunch of security and windows patches. Once done, that required one restart, but I must say, that's a lot better than the older windows versions, which had you downloading patches for patches and making you restart a dozen times!Overall the new GUI is very swank. The new start menu is rather odd, and I had to change it back to the "Classical" settings because I don't like how they set it up. Instead of a tree-line menu interface with the start menu, you click "all programs" and instead of a collapsible tree, it simply opens up in the same popped up menu, forcing you to hit a Back arrow instead of simply moving your mouse. Thankfully, they kept a lot of options available to get "Classic" views back, which I did in most cases because the new stuff simply wasn't efficient in most cases. Stuff is there, but harder to find, buried under a pile of menus.Once I had everything looking aesthetically the way I wanted it, I got right on to downloading Firefox, Winamp, and Norton Antivirus. ;) I haven't had any time to try installing any games, but I'll be sure to post a review on that once I get on that. I have newer ones such as Half Life 2, and old ones such as the original System Shock (made for DOS, but we'll see how I can get around that!).I'm happy to see that DirectX 10 is already installed. I'm really psyched for the game "Alan Wake" from the makers of Max Payne. Unfortunately, it's required to have windows vista installed so I'll probably stick with it till then, though the release date has not yet been announced.