xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SunBlind

Photoshop Tutorial: Sunblind's Custom Style #4 - The Bi-Polar Attraction Set The Bi-Polar Attraction Set

Another one of my text styles, "Bi-Polar Attraction" (I suck at naming things :/) Actually, I will be showing you 3 variants on the style: Dark, Light, and Electric. All 3 variants are included in the style download at the bottom of the tutorial. I think the effect really looks better with a larger size font, but that's for you to decide.

Here is an example of the 3 style variants on both black and white backgrounds:

Posted Image

Since there is a limit on the number of images I can post, I have only posted images of the style's settings. For pictures of how the applied settings should look on your text, click on the settings image. Also, I will be working exclusively on a black background with the Dark style variant, since it is easiest to see. Now with that said, create a new image using a white or black background with a size to fit your text. In my case, I'm using a 72px font (Tribal Two) so I started with a 450x150 image.

1. Type your desired text in any color, try to center it. Color doesn't matter because a Color Overlay will be applied.

Posted Image

2. Now it's time for the effects - We'll start with the Color Overlay. Click on the "f" icon on your Layers palette and go to Color Overlay.

Posted Image

3. Use these settings

Posted Image

4. Next is Inner Glow

Posted Image

5. Now the Inner Shadow

Posted Image

6. And the Drop Shadow

Posted Image

7. Now Bevel and Emboss

Posted Image

8. Finally, add the Stroke

Posted Image

There you have it, another awesome style :D If you are having trouble understanding the settings, or would rather just get the style prepackaged, you may download it here: SunBlind's Bi-Polar Attraction Style Set. Hope ya like it!

I should say, love the font. Definitely worth downloading. But did you make the font yourself? Because that's totally awesome. Electric looks best so far in my opinion but there are many other ways to modify this style to make it look better depending on the background in use. Great job!

Thanks a bunches :D I wish I had made that font! It's one of my favorites. Another one is "Bastarda," you can find that in my Custom Style #3 tutorial. I'm actually interested in creating my own fonts, especially because I'm so into text effects... but I just haven't had the time. I like the electric variation as well, it's fun to experiment with the different effects it can produce by changing the drop shadow and inner glow. If you come up with some other cool variations, please post them here so I can see :D

Hm.. I never considered ever making my own font, that's a cool idea. You should do one if you think it'll look amazing. I'd love to do one too, but with my creative skills in doing one, I bet I'd make one of the oddest ones available >_< Anyways, great job with that above. Keep up the cool work.

If/when I finally make my font, you can be sure it'll be weird. Most definately a weird one (tribal looking) as they're the easiest, I think.

Thanks, broli, and you may be pleased to hear that I have 4, wait 5 tutorials in queue for posting :D