xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
szupie

Google Pack - Google's Bundle Of Free Programs

Yesterday at Google Keynote, they announced a new free product, called Google Pack. It's a collection of free programs that you can download, including Google's software, like Desktop, Earth, Picasa, and also some 3rd party programs, like Firefox with Google Toolbar, Adobe Reader, Trillian, etc. The pack also includes a new tool, Google Updater, which helps you keep your Pack programs up-to-date. The Pack is customizable, meaning you can choose which programs you'd like to download and install. Google Pack is currently in beta, and more programs might be added to it in the future.

I've already got a majority of the programs in the Pack, but I wanted to test the Google Updater. It isn't available for separate download, so I had to download at least one program in the pack in order to get it. I chose Google Talk (which I already have) because of its small size. Updater doesn't look any special at the moment, so I'll just have to wait until updates or new programs become available.

If you guys have a moment, go download it! It's very easy, only took me 5 clicks to choose my program, download it, and install it. https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=eUUsVMSaJsqH8QeZ-4HQBg&gws_rd=ssl

Hey thankx szupie .. I just d'loaded the pack (ofcourse with a few things i needed) , it nice that google came out with something like this .. but suprisingly its got Norton antivirus 2005 , how come ? Anyways, this works fine and is pretty easy when you want most of google programs to be updated in one go.RegardsDhanesh.

Hey thankx szupie .. I just d'loaded the pack (ofcourse with a few things i needed) , it nice that google came out with something like this .. but suprisingly its got Norton antivirus 2005 , how come ? Anyways, this works fine and is pretty easy when you want most of google programs to be updated in one go.

Regards

Dhanesh.

1064335102[/snapback]

it dont let macs download it :D

but suprisingly its got Norton antivirus 2005 , how come ?

1064335102[/snapback]

You get that software for free for 6 months only, and after that, you can't use it anymore. There are 2 possibilities that Google included this program: 1. Norton secretly paid Google to include the program in the Pack, or, 2. Google just thought it's a nice program. Maybe it's both of these reasons.

it dont let macs download it :D

1064335123[/snapback]

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention about this, but it currently only supports Windows XP right now. Mac will be supported in the future, and other OS may be too, as Pack progresses through its Beta stage.

Really? That's too bad, because Google's approaches are always in "Beta" stage... If I were you I wouldn't be all so happy and good-thinking...In my opinion, someday Google will fall, because they are trying too hard on too many fronts. However that will be a dark day, when GMail is no longer operating.Damn it. I've broken my good mood.

Wow! Cool! I never knew about this until I read your great informational post!! Hahahaha... wow, Google is too kind! :D :D It's really appreciated, both of you - Gmail and szupie ;)By the way, Pavarr, you are really really anti-Google, aren't you? But just think about this - Gmail's e-mail service beats Hotmail (MSN, part of Microsoft networks) by like 500000% because of the interface and the amount of SPAM it can actually DEFLECT. I mean, dude, I hate Hotmail now. Suxzor

By the way, Pavarr, you are really really anti-Google, aren't you? But just think about this - Gmail's e-mail service beats Hotmail (MSN, part of Microsoft networks) by like 500000% because of the interface and the amount of SPAM it can actually DEFLECT. I mean, dude, I hate Hotmail now. Suxzor

Nice point there Cyborgxxi, back when hotmail was "hot" i used to have everything in there and depended on it for all my email needs. But problem is i have to clean up the inbox every week or so to leave enough space for the bigger files i leave in my drafts. Now with Gmail, i see some junk in my inbox I'll just delete it and i can keep every email (or "conversations" as gmail calls it)i ever get from anyone.

I would definitely love to download Google pack now.....
Alright so maybe its mainly for Norton Anti-virus 5 and the 6 months free trial :D . I still like the idea of Google supporting the idea of FILE SHARING. Get it? Well of course I'm not accusing Google of anything like this but it definitely LOOKS like Google is incorporating this idea :D . Oh c'mon its true!

Yeah, Gmail's spam detector is the best I've seen. I can get as many as 8 spam mails a day, but gmail detects all of them and puts them all in the spam folder. It has never missed one of them (I've been using it for almost a year now). The yahoo account I have right now only blocks about 1/3 of the spam mails.