xisto Community
nhlgoalie2003

How To Play Mac Games On Windows And Vice-versa

I Now how to play mac games on windows, ex. nfs carbon!!

If you have the NFS carbon for mac, you can play this on windows!!

I have the way!!

1- copy the nfs.App on windows partition

1- go to the folder of the game

3- pres the find boton

3- find *.Dll

4- copy all the dll to see:/winddowssystem32 the system ask you if you want to remplace some files, sey no

And you are ready to play

5- find the exe file locate in the same folder

If you have som problem find all .Exe files on the folder

And run nfs_inst.Exe

And then run nfsc.Exe

Avery file you need is on (Contents) folder

-Edward de jesus

If you really want performance, Bootcamp is the way to go. It is also free!For convenience, use Parallels, Virtual PC, or crossover.(but you will take a speed hit) you have to share your system resources with both operating systems. For this reason I would definitely recommend Bootcamp. All you need to buy is a copy or windows if you do not already have one.

That is false

Replying to fishling

Windows does too use OpenGL. All you have to do is have a video card capable of running it. I play Quake under GLQuake.Exe all the time on my computer and it plays great. The same goes for Duke Nukem : Manhattan Project. That also uses OpenGL and I have Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

-Jonathan

I have windows.. but love Mac games...

Mighty Mike... Formerly known as Power pete.. An awesome game I played waaaay back when and would love to play now. Any help would be awesome... It's Mac only that I've seen and I have a Windows XP

-Dreas

I haven't YET tried installing DOOM or Warcraft on my Mac 10.4 Tiger (I still don't know if it's compatible with my OS version). I'm using XP SP2 and Mac on my computer. Really, 'heavy' games are just so smooth on Windows OSes... though I haven't tried it on Mac. I'm just in to 2D games (in my Mac), which are compatible of course. But with my XP, I play Crysis, STALKER, and DOOM 3.Why play it on your Mac? Be contented with Windows if you have it...

hello,

im a Mac user, with a huge collection of Mac's

ok, when it comes to play Mac games on a PC

there are few solutions:

if those games are old - for Mac OS 9 and under - you could try

SheepShaver (for PPC only games) - the PowerPC architecture emulator, although its performance and stability isn't that good...

BasiliskII (for 68k only games) - the 68k architecture emulator, quite fast and stable

although, you will need ROM files to run each of these. to extract a 68k ROM, you will need a 68k Mac, same with PPC one.

if those games are new, or just newer - depends... If theyre designer to work with Mac OS X and PPC CPU only - there is no bigger point emulating such mac... the performance would be drastical. but if you're interested in emulating PPC Mac OS X - you should take a look at PearPC.

but if those games are designed to work with Intel CPU - and if there are no PC versions (^^) - you could try installing an intel version of Mac OS X 'half-natively' using special patches on your PC. of course if you've got a suitable computer (a fast CPU with SSE2/3 support, etc) -- but this solution is illegal! you can run Apple's operation systems only on Apple's hardware without violating the EULA!

anyway - mostly, its pointless to play games using an emulator, just due to performance which really wont be pleasing

when it comes to play PC games on a Mac

and you've got a PPC Mac - dont even dream of running it... as long as its a Windows game, because you could run some old DOS games using eg. DOSBox

but if you've got an Intel Mac, then the best solution is just installing Windows using Boot Camp, because gaming using any emulation / virtualization software is mostly pointless (of course due to horrible performance or incompatibility).

hope that helps,

and sorry if i repeated the previous posters

kaziorvb

Edited by kaziorvb (see edit history)

Hello,I have a Mac game, but no Mac, and I have no money for a Mac ;-(. However, I heard from CNET of a program that runs Mac programs on Windows. I was wondering if there is such a program and where can I get it? I REALLY want to play this game, and there are no versions for it on Windows.Sn140-question by supernerd140

Just a thought...

Replying to nhlgoalie2003 I was thinking. If you installed Windows XP through Bootcamp, couldn't you install the corresponding drivers for DirectX on your Windows partition?

Or is the problem with the hardware?

BootCamp

Replying to xboxrulz

Running Windows XP (via BootCamp) on an intel-based 3.0ghz iMac with the nVidia geforce video card, what games could you get away with playing?

I ask because I am trying to decide between a pc and a mac but want to be able to play new games like 3d first person shooters and rpgs without them being slow.

-reply by t-man

iGuest, you can play any games your graphics card could support in Boot Camp since it's just a dual booting utility. It will NOT slow down your machine since your system is running at native speed.As for War'ru, how old is your Mac/what Mac do you have? You haven't specified.xboxrulz

Gaming on Mac overview.How To Play Mac Games On Windows And Vice-versaOk ... As far as gaming on a Mac goes.. Assuming you have a copy of windows and have it installed at the same time as OS x on your hard drive you can boot into windows 7 and run as if your machine WAS a windows native machine...  I haven't actual did this yet on my mac... No copy of windows, but I have watched it done.

You should  see  frame rates compatible to your hardware after compensating for the OS you use... (XP>vista if you look for speed... At least in my experience) ... 

I'd recommend buying a Window 7 OEM if you can. Simple due to the fact of dx11. If your running in boot camp mode I see know reason you shouldn't be able to download and install a Dx file for your graphics card.. Assuming you have a newer one.  I am not sure that this is possible, I just assume it is after playing with OS(es) and hardware over the past year.. (not much mac modding though .. To pricy if I screw up ;-p )

if you want true gaming power a comparible pc will server fine.. Assuming you don't expect no viruses (that can harm your system) ,  and more frequent crashes... (YES I have had an occasional freeze or crash with Snow leopard, but still works amazingly better than vista ever did.) 

if your currently own mac ... I'd stick with mac... The games aren't worth the hassle to go to a full windows only pc. 

if you own a PC ... It depends.. If all you do is game... Pc is probably still a decent choice (better hardware/price)  ... But the hardware might be shoddier  construction. (cough, hp, cough)  

I'd say you have a newer Imac cause of the 3.06 Ghz processor, so I'd assume you could get away with playing quite a few decent games that are out now... (mind you it depends on which Graphics card you have the 9400 or 9600)   WOW would be a good start.. But its native to mac as well so no real point... Shooters probably would strain your system.. COD4 strains my macbook pro 17... When I'm in multiplayer... And thats the only real point in pc games right ? ;-p .. Hope this answers some of your questions and some others on forum ... 

if I have anything wrong sry... Quoted to the best of my knowledge at the time of posting.. Message my youtube account LJH08ralith  if you want more suggestions etc... Laters good luck with your gaming

-reply by ljh08