xisto Community
chocolatxbliss

Feedback On Homepage Please =]

Hi, I've made a website (it's a Harry Potter fansite...ahh I'm such a harry potter nerd...) and i'd like YOUR feedback on it.I'm currently in the middle of switching hosts (and maybe getting a domain name), and it's VERY under constructoin, so don't click on any of the links cause there might be nothing there. =] I have gotten a few things up, but as I'm switching hosts...anyways: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ don't comment on the content...since it's under construction...but how's the design? Feedback please. I know it looks silly cause it's a HARRY POTTER fansite and I know there's billions out there...but I wanted to put one up so i could convey my opinions and like..maybe more? I don't know but just comment on my design =] Merci beauuucoup

Notes:- few dead links (eg. "Your thoughts")- your menu's to small for the screen, because you use forced-dimensions for your divs (I have 1280x1024 here), this resulted in scrollbars in the menu- site updates and menu should be above each other, best would be, updates on the right and menu on the left.- Maybe try a smaller logo so there's more space for the menu and the content- the caption-images are not really good readable- Try using relative dimensions like %, this makes maximum usage of the readers screen. But probably will give a few problems with positioninig and stuff.The rest is ok though

Instead of a scrollong box for navigation why don't you try DHTML with menus that slide menu selections outward and take up less space with mor content. It would make it easier to navigate and improve the overall look , vut all things considered it looks good.The biggest room in the world is 'room for improvement"!

i just wrote loads but accidentally destroyed it so here is mycomment lite:i think you should:*re-assess and clean your css and put in it a seperate linked stylesheet. [the page rendering was a bit odd for me with the main central content block being over the top of your top banner*put the blog box on the right of the page.*think about not having backgrounds in the div blocks becasue they were not working when i scrolled them.*not have the change of text size on the a:hover in the links box. [but i like the border]but well done so far on coding a complicated image heavy layout by hand. i know first hand how long that takes.