xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mysyasir

Where Can I Get Redhat Enterprise Linux 9 For Free Linux

Hello,Hi i m new to these forums. I hope i will be welcomed. Today i have to talk about red hat linux enterprise 9. can someone please tell me how to get it for free? I m waiting. :huh:

Notice from miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG:
Wrong forum. Moved to OS > Linux
Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I don't think you can get RHEL for free - the Redhat Desktop version and it's offshot Fedora Core are free for downloading. But Redhat Enterprise is a commercial version that costs nearly $2,000 including support and after-sales services and as far as I know, you can't get it for free, unless you grab a pirated copy. RHEL is the real moneymaker for Redhat and they wouldn't just give it away for nothing.

I think they give it for free to those people who Join RHCE i.e. Red Hat Certified Engineer. They give away the latest enterprise edition with that...My friend got one! But you dont get any support! ask me why?The reason is simple...You yourself become RHCE and they are the ones who give support to other people. :huh:

Well first of all RHEL hasnt reached version 9 yet ..if you are talking about Red Hat Linux 9.0 Shrike ..i think you can still grab off old ISOs but i would recomend switching to Fedora Core 4 or CentOS. CentOS is essentially every thing RHEL 4.0 but its free.

If you'd followed the link, you'd have noticed that they do offer an evalution (30-days) version of Red Hat entreprise.The only thing you have to do is register.Anyway, I think it's a bit too late now, since he had his presentation yesterday :D