xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

125 Yr Old Woman Sprouts New Tooth

Teeth can do weird things, I remeber reading a case of a fellow who started growing a tooth out of his foot. I also had a childhood buddy that had two sets of baby teeth, when he lost his first baby tooth another one replaced it, not an adult tooth, he was nearly to full adulthood before he had lost both sets of teeth and had his 'permanent' teeth, that was kinda strange.

1064334477[/snapback]

Yes, houdini you're right - a lot of such WEIRD incidents do happen - which would totally defy the sense of normality. Both my parents being dentists I get to hear a lot of such interesting cases. Hey, that gives me an idea - I'll ask them to list the most whacked out cases they've received and I'll compile into a crazy facts post here :D

And Shooting Star, why do you think such cases are NOT possible ?? You said that one out of a billion people can live beyond 110 - and come to think of it - we don't have just ONE billion people in the world - we have several billions. Why do you think we won't find a bunch of people like that among them? Just because of the fact that Guiness Book recorded max. age is 110, that doesn't mean deviations won't exist.. Remember, exceptions always prove the rule. There's a lot in this world that we cannot just discard as unbelievable simply based on our own ignorance. While I don't believe in every *BLEEP* and bull story that comes my way - I usually tend to give the benefit of doubt to cases which smell even of the faint vestiges of truth. Then I simply wait out to see whether it's proved/disproved. Discarding it hands-down as BS will prove nothing more than what kind of a narrow-minded recipient I am.

Besides, in the Vedas/Puranas which are the oldest written scriptures (Hindu) in the world, we can find references of civilizations where average life-span was close to 200-250 years. That might be quite true - and we've might lost a lot of that life-span as we evolved - but what prevents some of that gene to be carried forward in a few of us ??? Answer me that :D

I don't think that report is legitimate. In fact, I don't even think someone can live past 115 years. Studies show, one out of a billion people will live to grow past 110 years. So to me, this is just a made up story. Think about it this way. It is possible that someone will sprout a tooth at age 125. It is not probable that someone will sprout a tooth at age 125.

1064334557[/snapback]

Even if the lady is... ... let's say .... ... 105 years old, that's not a very extraordinary age (well maybe, but there are people prooved that were older) , then it's still very strange that she sprouts a new tooth isn't it??? And yeah, tooth can act strange, I know someone who sprouted a tooth at 36 years, why not at 125 years?

-=jeroen=-

Well, if this incident is true, and I'll take Microscopic's word for it, then it's a blow to my field of work, and I love it. I'm a dentist, actually, and since the first year I went to dental school, they've been giving us chronological charts of the dates when teeth erupt and fall. Nothing wrong with that if they had admitted these were estimates. But noooo ... there are scientific facts and you have to believe it.

Well, I think I'll try to get my hands on the video of the ceremony, and I'll show it to all those arrogant stone-heads.

I don't think it's an impacted tooth, because at the woman's age of 125, it's a safe bet to assume she hasn't had any teeth left in her mouth for quite some time now. I can't think of a reason why an impacted tooth would wait so long to erupt. Well, actually I can think of one or two, but those are possible if she was 90, give or take. But 125? I doubt it.

Anyway, another mystery. I don't try to solve those anymore; I just ponder and marvel.

Haha cool Khymnon - at last someone who understands the concept behind impacted teeth. Anyway, I'll see if I can get my hands on the video. They might give up a copy if requested for research reasons. I'll contact them and see if they pass it on. I'll dump it somewhere and post the link here.

This is quite interesting story :D but when I saw the picture from the link a page back.. (I don't think it is the same person with the new teeth) I thought of one thing "Even though she is alive, she looks like dead" :S weird things happen everyday..