xisto Community
GNR-D

Rock Vs Rap: What Do You Prefer ?

What do you prefer?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rock and Rap both have their downsides, but puting it all together, rock is better by a long way. Look at their influences: Rap fans wear their pants so that they are held up at the knees. They're commonly sex fanatics, and rappers themselves "sing" (if you can call it that) about sex, violence, cool cars, night clubs, girls, and stuff like that.On the other hand, Rock fans wear the norm: jeans and a T-shirt. But I still haven't seen any of them showing off their new pink polka-dot boxers, like rappers do. Rock fans also tend to do better in school. They don't start fights, and they actually are willing to listen to teachers, parents, etc. Rock stars' worst influence depends on the type. It could be insanely long hair (Dragonforce, speed metal), Emo personality, (My Chemical Romance, alt, punk, and emo).Rock is better though. Bye.-reply by Dude

Rap 4 life m8Mistkes:They make sence!Greatness of led zeplinMudvayne(with a name like that no wonder people slit rists)Rock is betterRock fans wear the normThey don't start fightsInsanely long hair<-- this 1s reely stupid y not cut your hair have you heard of clippers (haircuts)They are all huge mistakes!!Oh an if you aint guessed I like rap best-reply by Rap 4 life

no talent

Its not that I hate rap, but I hate most songs in the rap genre, its like...I don't know just I hate no talent peices of **** that cant make one line of music using senseible understandable english

An example: Soulja boy- Crank Dat

Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe

Watch me Lean And Watch Me Rock?

Super Man Dat Hoe

Then Watch me Crank Dat Robocop?

Super Fresh, Now Watch Me Jock

Jocking On Them Haterz Man

When I Do Dat Soulja Boy

I Lean To The Left And Crank Dat Dance

(Now You)

I'm Jocking On Yo ***** *bottom*

And If We Get The Fightin

Then I'm Cocking On Your *****

You Catch Me At Yo Local Party

Yes I Crank It Everyday

Haterz Get Mad Cause

"I Got Me some Bathing Apes"

[Chorus x2]

[Verse 2:]

I'm Bouncin On My Toe

Watch me take it to Areab

And he gonna take it up for sho

Haterz Wanna Be Me

Soulja Boy, I'm The Man

They Be Lookin At My Neck

Saying is them rubber bands man? (man)

Watch me Do It (Watch Me Do It)

Dance (Dance)

Let Get To It (Let Get To It)

Nope, You Can't Do It Like Me

Hoe, So Don't Do It Like Me

Folk, I See You Tryna Do It Like Me

Man That **** Was Ugly

[Chorus x2]

I'm To Clean Off In This Hoe

Watch Me Crank And

Watch Me Roll

Watch Me Crank Dat Roosevelt

Then Super soak That Hoe,

Super Soak That Hoe [x9]

I'm to Fresh Off In This *****

Watch Me Show

Now Watch Me Gig

Watch Me Crank My Shoulder Work

And Superman That *****,

Superman That *****,

Superman That *****,

Superman That *****,

Superman that *****

(Awwwwwww) (You)

It is sooo terrible... I laugh so hard when I read it, its a joke... Seriously. This **** is not music. Some people says that is a fun song and you like...Dance to it, all these little hip hop dance that people make up from no where, its just terrible...A shame how americans have fallen...Open your eyes people like soulja boy have no talent, he just got really lucky. Look up how he got famous he just put up avideo and got lucky, no work.

-reply by Simon cowells son

Ha ha ha... I've read the boards. I hate to say it but I listen to both. I was into rap when i was a teen in high school. I was like the only kid that rapped. But then it was different. Rap was more clean then. I mean there was still violence, po-po's, and drugs... but it was different then. They was stories, account of personal experiences, or other motivations at the time. There wasn't so much stripping, bending down low, and butt wild stuff. At the time the RnB was another avenue rapper took at the time, not only could they rap, they could sing, and they had their influences from older professional singers/songwriters.I also went through a bboy scene, but that's off the topic.I like RnB more than rap. I guess I prefer female RnB artist cause they don't touch on explicit topics - which is great if you're not the only listener. Then again any rap music is okay if it is censored. There are some song which i listen to the clean version and I think it's okay, I get use to it. Then when I finally hear the original version, I'm surprised, 'what did they do to the song'. 'Woah, so this is what this songs about?'On the rock I've had a guitar and stacks of Guitar Magazines. I never formally learned how to play. I just read and strum the tabbs. Well it's okay. I like rock because almost everyone I know has some taste in rock. Whether it is alt, pop, industrial, metal, 70's, 80's, 90's, or mainstream. I'm not a big fan of punk, ska, or derivations. That type of rock just seems out of desperation, with not purpose, almost like music with no climax. It is obviously made for people with issues.Oh yeah, I listen to whatever music is on the hard drive or portable. Preferable rock at work and rap at play. :(

rock vs rap

Rock is the best ever its so much more open not about the same thing over and over which is sex and all the worst stuff for you and its just bad plus rock can be heavy, soft, hyper, fun , boring ,lazy, depressed, so basicly all your normal emotions and you can have a lot of fun with it whether your rocken out with your friends or sitting listening to the fray in your room on a rainy day its a lot better than sex all the time cuz you cant be in one mood all the time which is watrap is the same thing ever time

-reply by mark

rock vs rap

Rock is the best ever its so much more open not about the same thing over and over which is sex and all the worst stuff for you and its just bad plus rock can be heavy, soft, hyper, fun , boring ,lazy, depressed, so basicly all your normal emotions and you can have a lot of fun with it whether your rocken out with your friends or sitting listening to the fray in your room on a rainy day its a lot better than sex all the time cuz you cant be in one mood all the time which is watrap is the same thing ever time

-reply by mark

Replying to GNRDYou can like both such as I do I like chiodos and nwa and tupac two wayyyy diffrent styles its just you like specfic artist and rockers don't follow norms don't be a idiot rap follow norms go to a dance club there will be no one with a liberty spike mohawk don't be dumb but you can like both foo shooo

rock vs rap

-reply by mark

saying rap is all about drugs and sex is like saying rock is just some satanists screaming

lil wayne, 50 cent most of they'r songs are trash but rap is about real life(even more real than rock maybey)

just search 2pac, eminem,immortal technique, tech n9ne (in some songs)

and if u wold know something about rap u wold see it's very much like rock

What is up with people?

To me, rap is better than rock. And I like both over something like say, pop or country.

Not every rap song is about drugs, sex, and cappin' every fool you see!

There's many kinds of rap, that it's stupid to put all rap in the same catergory.

Rappers like Tupac and the the Lench Mob where great rappers. NWA was also really good too, because of Dr.Dre, rappers like Snoop Dog came around. Then you have people like Grand Master Flash and Will Smith, good rappers too. *BLEEP*s like 50 Cent get old because they're material and rap where the money is, not where their heart is. Anyone who says that rap is the same topic is as uneducated as rappers they believe is uneducated and don't know what they're talking about.

-reply by RuroKen

ROCK .. ROCK .. ROCK

There is no doubt that rock is the best genre of music

There are more than 100 genres of rock

And include of them somthing called rap rock ( rock + hip hop )

So ROCK is the best .

-reply by 7mOOd!

Most rap is easy to do, just grab an old 80s sample and put a kickbass and crash cymbal beat on it and now its rap. And as for lyrics and rap, there are people in poetry clubs that can rap better with a bongo than most rappers and when people say rap is good they refer to disbanded rap groups, dead people, or washed up noones. So hip hop MUST be dead lol. Plus rap sales have decresead by like 40% in 3 years, its in the rap magazine XXL. Even rap fans don't support their icons.Rock however never dies or goes out of style its like jeans. It takes skill, creativity, timing, perfection to play a guitar AND sing at the same time. The meaning of the songs are deep. The solos are retartdedly cool. Girls like it when you play guitar for them, not...Rhyme about your hoes..Er ya. Anytype of rock music is amazing. Just the rhythym, melody, lyrics, its amazing.

I would go with rock but not the lame sold out stuff like fall out boy or linkin park. I prefer the rock that still is art like BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME & ALL THAT REMAINS.. They still have the art of music because I think music has to do with more than girls and money thats why most rap stinks but there is still rappers out their that rap about inportant things and ill rather listen to them then sold out rock!-reply by The Art Is Fading