xisto Community
ikenalleenik

Problem: Network Connection Fails Every 2 Mins

Similar problemProblem: Network Connection Fails Every 2 Mins

I have a similar problem. I have an Acer laptop, and connects to a Linksys router (satellite dish). And recently every few minutes a tab pops up and says "Connected: linksys(unsecured) then is disconnects and asked if I want to repair. I do, and a few minutes later it occurs again. 

I never changed any settings previous to this happening.  

Any suggestions? 

-reply by Mandi

I think its the RTL8139Problem: Network Connection Fails Every 2 MinsI have the RTL8139 and this problem happened to me after a rebuild. I have fixed it previously with a version of the driver downloaded from HP (I have an HP Compaq nx7010). However after my latest rebuild that version of the driver won't fix the problem. I only get dropouts when I try to copy a large file to the network and it's only for a minute at the most before the connection resumes (the file transfer doesn't). I have also had the problem trying to email a 20mb file although this will eventually send after a few dropouts. I am connected to a switch in the office which has other PCs connected fine. I have swapped ports, cables and switches to see if any of those are causing the issue so it's either a hardware or software problem with my laptop.

internet conn. fails after 10 mins.Problem: Network Connection Fails Every 2 Mins

I have broadband.  wireless connection fails after 10 mins. On PC located upstairs.  I use a lan card and I tried a usb wireless .  internet worked fine then this happens.  The same things happens on both cards.

I tried re installing software for the U.S. Robotics wireless router. 

-question by Frank

bsnl broadband connection disconnect automatically after dial upProblem: Network Connection Fails Every 2 Mins

hello friends

I have bsnl dataone broadband connection on my desktop I m using rtl8139 intex ethernet card and os XP . My problem is whenever I connect net it disconnect automatically after 15 seconds speed is good but really not working pls help me I have suffring for 1 month

-reply by Amit

solution for automatic disconnection of internet in windows 2003 osProblem: Network Connection Fails Every 2 Mins

Open local area connection, properties/advanced/settings/advanced/un tick the internet connection type from the firewall enabled connection. Your internet connection may not disconnect in future. Urs, jagan, A.P

-feedback by JAGAN