xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
evion

First-custom Brush Based "sig" ...and it looks...OK?

Of course, i downloaded the whole load of brushes from SM's filefront (After 2 hours of waiting for my turn), and dropped them off in my brushes folder. I started messing around with it but thought it was really extremely boring because they all looked the same. I found my mistake later on though, that i actually "brushed" the canvas instead of "clicking" and letting the image of the brush run through. What's weird about brushing with the custom brushes are that you can really go crazy with them and yet find that your result looks great.(I believe this is called "grunge"?) With default brushes, you gotta really know what you're doing and apply filters to modify the brush pattern a little. OK, so enough of the chit-chat, here's the logo:

Posted Image

I'm pretty sure Logan (Deathbringer) won't mind me placing this up here for your comments and such because it was supposed to be in use as a logo for his Guild Wars guild site. I added the little swishy thing that goes around the name with a pen and a filter (called Polar in Distort i believe) because i thought it looks a little plain. I'm still thinking of adding some image to the right of the logo to make it more interesting but still awaiting an answer from Logan. I would gladly welcome constructive criticisms for me to draft a final copy for the site. Thanks again for the "gift" SM!

not bad but not to fond of the text though.heres a hint i use mostly j-z brushes in the brush pack that I have provided. :huh:

Well i kinda wanted to give it a medieval feel to it because Guild Wars isn't "space-age" but more of swords, shields and armor plates kindof time. So i made the text a little romanly. What did you mean by j-z brushes? I don't find much names in the brushes, i just randomly choose one and click. =PPP

I find that it lacks alot of depth. I'd suggest that you try using multiple layers and then you can blend in your layers and add different kind of filters and thus give it more depth.The text doesn't stand out much and the logo underneath it doesn't seem to really look to be apart of the text, overall it doesn't seem to blend together with the background well.Not too bad I guess just kinda bland. :huh:Oh and techocian I love your sig. :)

Thanks Jdz, I'm still working on these new custom brushes and trying to actually use them to make something good. So far its been tough because they're basically all the same with different shapes. Truthfully, I work much more better with default brushes which I've used constantly with my previous sigs so far. The Christmas sig i have now is totally default brushes and my click-by-click green trees at the background. Thanks for your comments, I'll work on trying to make it look better. I'd probably design another sig based on yours and SM's comments.Happy Christmas!tech

i liked the way you mannaged to blend the "Knight", wich is a medieval concep, with the digital numbers in the right side of the signature ! i find it a bit wide too... i liked overall, it pleased my eye without stressing it... it's a good sig, keep doing what you do !