xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guangdian

Smf Is A Cms Or Forum?

SMF is a Forum however it does come with mods that can make it more like a CMS like arcade and downloades mods and many more I can presume. But the focus of SMF is a forum. :)

guangdian, doing a search on Google for SMF* can tell you right off the bat that SMF is indeed a forum:

The home of Simple Machines, developer of SMF. SMF is a highly optimized free PHP and MySQL based piece of forum software.

*SMF stands for Simple Machines Forum if any of you wondering.

**Quote taken from the first result on Google.

YOu could have checked and tested before you could download it. The problem with smf is that there are not many themese/skins to choose by a layman. Unless it is newly created most of the users are using the same default template. However, I heard that it is very stable and secure too. Another mods which is really nice is NewsFLASH. Also how many hours a user have been online, this mod is very helpful too. I only wished that you tested first before you download it.

guangdian, doing a search on Google for SMF* can tell you right off the bat that SMF is indeed a forum:

*SMF stands for Simple Machines Forum if any of you wondering.

**Quote taken from the first result on Google.

61917[/snapback]

exactly what i was gonna say, ya, they obviously are a forum, but you can get cool modz that can make it to what you want but if you are looking for a modz forum e.g maybe a design gallery and stufff like that, get ipb., that is the best forum if you dont want to pay huge bills and still have your dignity....lol :)