xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
msraihl

Forum Admins: Convert Other Boards To phpBB Easily

Hi every body. I have learnt something new...If you are using a kind of portal (vbulletin or others) and you wanna transfer your database to phpbb you wanna convert your database to php. There are variety of tools in
https://www.phpbb.com/
for converting the database... Have a nice day.

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

OK, but why need to transfer a vBullentin board to phpBB. a vB is more expensive than a phpBB. I think that we shouldn't move from a vB to phpBB. We should move from phpBB to vB instead.An idea (mine) : Why not intergrate the vB but somekind of portal. For ex, a member can reg at the board and use the account at the portal too. I'm trying to do that.

Most major bulletin board system have conversion tools. SMF is probably best known of their great conversion tools. I was very positively surprised when I converted phpBB to SMF; the conversion utility supported phpBB modifications, like categories hierarchy and attachments.Oh and I wholly agree with PureHeart, I see no reason for anyone to convert from vBulletin (up to date, good system) to phpBB (years old, poor features)...

nobody will convert a payed forum with a free forum software cuz they won`t pay for vb and then convert to phpbb or smf , maybe they will convert from a free one to vb or other payed board !

You also get free tools for coverting phpbb or vbulletin to ipb.You can get it from sourceforge.net or you can get nullified scripts of ipb converters from warez sites

What all are you really wanting to use from one system to the other, do you want all the posts, all the users, what? If you are converting from phpBB to PHP-Nukes ported version then I could see the need for it, but the original post is almost pointless, like it has been stated earlier why go from a free to a paid site or vice versa. If your just want all your users then it can be done and you actually doing a little work on your own prior to swithcing to the new system and possibly at least testing on your new site before going live, at least that way they can all still log in or just do like I di and start all over letting users know that they needed to reregister due to the magnitude of the change and most of them weren't really active anyway.