xisto Community
kaputnik

MS Outlook Rules How to sutomatically save attachments?

Thank you so much.MS Outlook Rules

You have opened my eyes to what is possible Thank you so much for this, and I think you have saved a lot of people a few pounds/dollars as well.

Would you like a small donation to a charity or something to thank you?

-reply by Wellmeadow

A limit on Outlook Rules?MS Outlook RulesI have about 1000 rules in my Outlook. Virtually everyone who e-mails me has a rule, and it does into one of about 30 mailboxes. I am told by my computer tech people that this is abnormal, that Outlook was created to have a maximum of 30 rules - and my server cannot handle it.Iwould love to hear what experience anyone has had with this. It seems to me SO logical to have e-mails whizz directly into mailboxes...Thanks, Geoffrey-reply by Geoffrey Weill

RE: Darn, I really wanted this to workMS Outlook Rules

Eric,

Maybe this is a bit late, but will certainly help anyone who got here looking for the script. After looking and looking for a solution, I found this little piece of code. I found it looking in Google for "Rules/scripts" in Outlook do not work... The person who suggested it, didn't know how this help, but it helps. I had the same problem, installed the Outlook download attachments script and started downloading attachments like charm, then when I shutted down the computer and logged in back into Windows/Outlook, it didn't work. It was pretty annoying until I found this:

Private Sub Application_Startup()MsgBox "Welcome, " & Application.GetNamespace("MAPI").CurrentUserApplication.ActiveExplorer.WindowState = olMaximizedEnd Sub

You just need to add it on the Visual Basic code window. Save the VBA scripts and restart Outlook. It will prompt for an Ok only, and the scripts will run again like before.

Cheers to everyone!!

-reply by Juan

I tried to enter the above two scripts, but really have no idea what I am doing. I know how to make rules, but nothing about VBA editor.I really need to be able to save attachments automatically to a scan folder on my computer and then permanently delete the email it came in to make room for more such emails/attachments.If there is anyone out there who can walk me through it, step by step, and treat me as a person who doesn’t understand the lingo (cause I don't), I would be most obliged.