xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
James_K

Does This Sound Good To You? Building a new comp

I'm thinking of building a frag box so tell me if you think this is overpriced or a good idea or a bad one or what ever all prices are in HK dollars converted price to us are in brackets

Proccessor

ATHLON 64 3200+ $1,260 ($162)

Graphics Card

Gigabyte GV-NX78X256VP-B GF

7800 GTX / 256MB / DDR3 RAM $3,980 ($513)

OR

WINFAST PX7800GT-TDH

GF7800GT / 256MB / PCI-Express $2,780 ($358)

Which do you think I should get?

Case

Shuttel (for got what model but it will work) $3500 ($451)

Remember the case comes with the Motherboard on board sound and um yah I'll prob through in a dvd writer in there later on but thats cheep like $700 ($90) for the best one out

All prices were converted by http://www.xe.com/?r=1

PS. All prices have a bargining price from $50-200 *thank you hong kong* ($6-30)

Oops forgot to mension RAM and HDD

RAM

Thinking about Corsair XPERT but proving difficult to find again so

Probebly another model but still by Xpert for 2048 is $1030 ($132)

HDD

Western Digital

WD3000JB 300GB / 7200rpm / Serial ATA $1,087 ($140)

Which gives me a combine total of $13637 ($1,758)

thinking of cutting back on the cost by changing Gigabyte 7800 to a Winfast 7800

STAY away from LEADTEK ...and WINFAST ...bad bad comapnystay away .....i repeat stay away ..my mother board gets fried every year ...leaky capoacitors.

STAY away from LEADTEK ...and WINFAST ...bad bad comapny

stay away .....i repeat stay away ..my mother board gets fried every year ...leaky capoacitors.

1064332154[/snapback]

seems ok id get the GTX and scrap the case get one that u like and get a good motherboard

I'd say, get a good case and motherboard. It's IHMO much better than a shuttle (tough I'm not telling you shuttles are bad). It can save you a lot of money.I'd take the 7800GT, the price difference between the GT & the GTX does not offer you the difference in performance (plus you could still overclock the GT a bit :huh: ).

500$ Us dolalrs for a graphics card !!!Exactly one year ago a built f#the following macine for £550 (900$ish american ???)(ohh, bought the hardware from a ware-house like place, so a lot cheaper than most on-line / commercial hardware vendors)Amd Athlon64 3400+Chainteck Motherboard (400 mhz FSB)1 Gig DDR-400 RamDvd +- Re WriterNvidia GeForce FX graphics (costing £50 at the time)17 inch TFT screen80 gig hard diskMult slot memory card readermy 1 year old graphics card, that only cost $100 still runs games like HalfLife-2 on maximum quality, with a very repectable frame rate (possabl beccause of my 3400+ cpu.. who knows)why spend 5 times more ?I sometimes play half-life death match online.and i hear people boasting about there computer running the game at maximum quality, at 200 frames per second...When the monitor vertical scan beam is only 60 - 80 Hz ( 60 - 80 frames per second)what good is 300 frames per second.dont waste money drawing tripple the number of frames your monitor can handle.. you wont see them.LOL.

dont waste money drawing tripple the number of frames your monitor can handle.. you wont see them.

LOL.

1064333771[/snapback]

Hes right lol you dont want to waste your money on that kinda things..

CPU : that one is nice nut you shoud go for a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ at least if you want to get that GT7800 to work at its best.GFX: GIGABYTE is not a bad choice.... but go for ASUS or MSI cuz they perform better. but you really need that much gfx power?CASE: Take a look at Thermaltake, specially the watter coller ready models, they sould look and perfome niceRAM: All ok thereHDD: good choice, but also check Hitachi and Seagate.... but WD is a very very good choice...Motherboard? go for ASUS!:D

I wouldnt buy the nvidia card.I would wait for the new ATI's to come outthe Crossfire edition. better than the nvidia SLI'syou have to buy a crossfire motherboard just like the sli's for nvidiathe advantage is that with 2 ati cards that do not have to be the sameas long as 1 is a crossfire and pci expressthe 2 combine to enhance performence and quality where as the sli's from nvidiahave to be to identical cards from the same manufacturer and only combine to better performance the graphic quality is not better.that is my suggestion ! if its to play games spend it at the right place graphics card and mother board Crossfire go to tomshardware.com you can read all about how it works there