xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pyost

Samsung 740N: Just Got It :)

Since it is my birthdya today, I was anxiously expecting to get the present (yeah I know... a real baby ;) ). And what did I get? A Samsung 740N TFT monitor!!!!! It's a bit unusual for me, since I've had CRT monitors for 10 years, so I'm not used to the beauty of TFT :) Anyway, just wanted to brag a bit and also hear your opinions about that model. It ain't the best, but it works for me!

TFTs are nice ...how wide is it and how much doe it cost these days...?

Edited by twitch (see edit history)

Somewhere in the 300 range for a good 17 inch one.I got a Samsung 730BF, with it's overdrive on the ping of the monitor is just 4ms ;)And seems like yours doesn't have overdrive ;):P :P so mine's fasternah nah nah nah :PAlthough yours probably doesn't cost as much.... And I had to pay for it myself :)

Nice - hope you enjoy using your new monitor. About once a month, if not more often, my mother hints that she wants a TFT flat-panel monitor for her Dell desktop. I haven't checked into your model before, though, so let me know how it works out for you and I might add it to the list of possibilities *grins*

Hm... My post was deleted... I guess it was too long... Here's a shorter version of it. The screen is 17", it has 8 ms response time, good specs and costa about 250$, maybe it can be a bit more. All in all, I am very satisfed with it's specs and possibilities. End of story.

No it isn't because it's too long. It's because you didn't read the topic. The starter stated he already HAD such a monitor, so there isn't much reason to advise him/her to buy it.

Um... I'm the starter of the topic, and I was giving the information about the monitor to Sarah81:

haven't checked into your model before, though, so let me know how it works out for you and I might add it to the list of possibilities *grins*

Well, never mind, guess the short info is ok enough :)

It's not fair, the only things I get are lame and cheap things (tough it's the gesture that matters). I've been working for years on 2 old 15" CRT screens, than ran way over their resolution (normaly it should be 800*600, but I preferd 1152*???).Now I have a Sony CPD-E220E, it's a 17" CRT that someone must have dropped (there are scratches on the case, some lines in the anti-reflections layer and there a chip out of the glass).But anyway, congrats with the new screen :) and a happy birthday :huh: