xisto Community
Yacoob

Is Norton The Best Anti-virus?

i think Norton is good Antivrus with a good corportae background..but their AntiVirus is a bit high on resource IMO.i have that and it works fine.

Norton is real crap, it is having unsual hunger of the system resources, according to my opinion and thousands of other peoples, nod32 is the best antivirus out there, it is having very high detection rate and actually more than any other antivirus...Its advanced heuristic is very robustic future and kills every type of virus even before touching the registry...Hatts off to the nod 32-reply by singh

I think that Norton now a days is just the brand there are many Antivirus software today that are much better than Norton in many things. Now if you want to know which antivirus software is the best, there really is no answer.It is always a matter of opinion. In this case, Microsoft itself seems to trust Nod32 and so do I. I find it much better than the previous antivirus program I had been using in its various incarnations for the last 3 years. It has not missed catching a potential threat, updates itself easily and in the background, has great customer support and a variety of unique options. It's not a system consumer which is also great, so if you want a payware antivirus I seriuosly recommend it. If you want a free one, AVG is your other solution. Greetings, shotgun.

All nowday Online Protection solutions typically require 256MB of ram on top of the operating system and running software. Norton on the other hand has been making software like this for years. It would seem they now require about 512MB and up to a 1G for a full system protection. I'm not really a Norton fan. I just thought I'd make this point.

I think it is up there, but i haven't tried all of them so who am i to know.But i have changed from free anti-viruses to paid ones and changed there too. I finally gave in and gave norton a try, downloaded a trial and loved it so decided to buy the thing. Internet Security is what I have. I know a lot of people say it is a system hog but i find it very quite and aside from my computer. It may depend on the pc though.