xisto Community
Vyoma

Css Zen Garden http://www.csszengarden.com/

During the design phase, I was going through many articles and resources. I was also looking out for how best to modularize the final layout. That is when I stumbled across CSS Zen Garden. http://www.csszengarden.com/

You need to visit the site to realize the beauty of the site. I usually restrain myself from making such remarks but I have to give it to this site. Going through this site, really affected the personal CMS project I am undertaking. It made me revisit the option of using CSS.

I cannot say if I would use CSS or not, but this is a must-visit-site.

Oh awesome.. just last night I spent till 4am is utter frustration trying to get the confounded DIV tags under control - well, of course I didn't quite succeed.. They're just leaping around the page as if they'd a mind of their own - and an sure they do.Maybe the Garden of Zen can provide me with a weapon to dominate them.. :)

Wow, thanks for the heads up about a great site! Wonderful layouts...may try one of them out for a new site of mine...dunno yet. I have this thing about trying to do things on my own whenever I can, except when it comes to my livejournal layout, cuz I sooo don't know what I'm doing there. But what about the rest of you? Do you see other peoples' designs as a last resort when you get fried about design ideas, or do you feel it's okay to use them (with proper credit, of course) if you like the design and it goes with your site ideas?

Wow, thanks for the heads up about a great site!  Wonderful layouts...may try one of them out for a new site of mine...dunno yet.  I have this thing about trying to do things on my own whenever I can, except when it comes to my livejournal layout, cuz I sooo don't know what I'm doing there.  But what about the rest of you?  Do you see other peoples' designs as a last resort when you get fried about design ideas, or do you feel it's okay to use them (with proper credit, of course) if you like the design and it goes with your site ideas?

1064331909[/snapback]

I think it's great to come up with unique designs/layouts, but you have to be careful and make sure the site is, first of all, usable and readable. When designing websites for clients... standard, easy-to-work-with templates are best.

bachdot

Great Site Indeed! a good demonstration of the true power of CSS. A Quick look within the source of the site and you see that the templates are not using any javascript except typekit for fonts.