xisto Community
Vyoma

Suggestions For The Forum May increase member interactions

Here is what I suggest:Have a section for Work Requests. Here people can ask for something to be done, in return for Hosting credits. I know by now that Hosting Credits are of real value, and I would love to trade using them for getting some work done that requires talents or resources that I do not have. So, someone requests for a work to be done. Someone else does the work and the person who requested, pays him/her with Hosting Credits. Requests could range from, graphic requests, sig requests, write-ups, and such things.That would mean someone would have to prepare a draft for a guidelines on posting there - you know, that explains what a fair deal would be like. And yes, you may need to subdivide them into further sections later, but may not be necessary in the begining. But later one may require to do it. And may be, a moderator to handle the section.This would help in community interaction, people will know each others work much better.I am sorry if this is an idea laready implemented. If so, could you please point me to that section.

Your idea is a fabulous one, and unfortunately has been previously tried and rejected. The problem with situations like this is that there is no instantaneous response to spam posts, so people could cheat the system to gain a huge number of hosting credits. I won't go into specifics here, as it may provide the brain fodder others need to cheat the system. Simply know that although your idea does seem to be a good one, barring an unforseen miracle, it will never be approved. However, I will remind the administratos of it just in case miraculous happenings wish to take place.~Viz

Well you could make the section not provide any hosting credits. Something like these Help sections or the Music sections. That way, people who post in these section do not get any credits, but one would be providing them with a platform where we can talk about it.

It's a great idea, but how will it be moderated? I mean, if somebody does the work but isn't paid the credits he asked for, how will it be resolved? One way might be to let the system automatically transfer the credits through a script. But what if the person (the customer) isn't satisfied with the work? He definitely wouldn't want to pay then right?I really like this idea, but what are the things it will cater to? I mean, we don't want to start a warez exchange here right? Sigs and graphics are fine, but we don't want it to get out of hand.

Here is what I suggest:

Have a section for Work Requests.  Here people can ask for something to be done, in return for Hosting credits.  I know by now that Hosting Credits are of real value, and I would love to trade using them for getting some work done that requires talents or resources that I do not have.

I am sorry if this is an idea laready implemented.  If so, could you please point me to that section.

1064331331[/snapback]

We've already implemented this quite sometime back, although you won't find a separate forum for it. The requests can be made in any of the relevant forums.

But first, here's what you need to do:

Goto https://support.xisto.com/ - here you'll find two options - number 6 and 7, which are titled, Transfer Credits and Award Credits. What you're seeking to do can be achieved by using a combination of both.

Fig. 1

Posted Image

To announce a reward for a particular job, you need to transfer that much amount of credits into our BANK first. That can be done with option number 6 - Transfer Credits. You need to hand us over the amount you want to announce as reward for safekeeping. This is done in order to prevent scams, where one gets a work done but never pays. In this screen you enter:

a. your forum username/password,

b. the amount of credits to reserve AND

c. the recipient as BANK.

Fig. 2

Posted Image

Once you get your job done, you go back to the Process screen again and choose option number 7. With this you can again move out the reserved credits in Bank into one of the member's account.

Fig. 3

Posted Image

NOTE: Everytime you make a transfer, 3% of the transferred amount is charged as Transfer Fee - which in reality isn't much (for example, for 10 credits, you get 0.3 credits added as transfer charge).

????[/tab]In case you want to bypass the BANK and transfer directly to somebody, you still can - using the same Transfer Screen. Instead of entering BANK as the recipient, you enter the other member's nickname directly. A 3% charge is levied in this case too. In case of announced rewards in lieu of a particular job, this can be done ONLY BY REPUTED & LONG ESTABLISHED MEMBERS - who won't create a scam by running off with the work and NOT PAYING.

????Under all other circumstances, one has to go through the BANK when announcing a reward for a job.

????For each transfer, you'll receive an automated mail acknowledging the receipt of the transfer. Please save this in case of disputes.

[tab]Hope this answers all your question :) Any further queries regarding this, feel free to post back.

Regards,

m^e

Hey I've always wondered what those options were for. Unfortunately, i wish to point out that were there ever a contest or competition that gave credits as prizes before? If so please direct me to the topic because I've never seen the such in Asta before. Another question i have is that if you transfer credits into the bank first then to the person, do you get deducted 3% of the credits when you transfer to the bank then another 3% when you transfer to the person? I also still don't get how transferring your credits to a bank first will help prevent scams. Can m^e or someone familiar with this explain it to me? Thanks!

m^e said:

The requests can be made in any of the relevant forums.

Well m^e, that is what I was suggesting. Have one section where people can make requests, and that can be made a no-post-count zone. The pros of such a approach is, people just no where to look if they feel like they have some time to spare and their talents could be of use.

It was those links that you suggested, made me think in this terms. :)