xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
christophertinker

Laptop Hangs When Loading User (xp) My laptop is hangin when it is loading

Simple way to get around it, without having to debug it, is to install a second bootable windows copy on the hard disk, and boot off of that one. at least then you're able to access your data (provided it's not EFS encrypted) and keep on working while you try to find a technician who can solve your troubles. Does it also hang in safe mode? If so, that's more sticky. if not, then uninstall drivers & hardware one at a time working backwards chronologically, until you find the one that fritzed the system.

it would be helpful if u posted the specs of the laptop ....ie Make , board , BIOS version , windows version , service pack version ...any Antivirus u r using ...and other details. It could be a plathora of reasons...i recomend u contact the vendors ..they will help you better in any case..as u paid them for it.

Can you login with admin user account? if you cant..than you should try to repair windows. I that this helps something. p.s: what do you mean with "hang"? when? are you able to see login screen or does it hangs when system is loading?

new xp installation but hang when i open it

Laptop Hangs When Loading User (xp)

I put xp sp2 but after installation process ..When I come to first screen my computer then after few secends it hangs it slef..Help me out

-reply by sabi