xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebbinger_413

Need Parts For Sager Notebook hard drive, memory, battery

i got a really old sager multimedia notebook computer from a friend (made in 1997) and it is in good condition and i want to fix it up for the hell of it. i cant find anythign on it though because of how old it is...--->heres the info i got off the stickers on the notebook<---s/n I740NPD1569its a multimedia notebook computermodel # 862make: sager(sager site says its a np8620)----------------------------------------------------------------------i need a hard drive for it (the one that was in there is only a 1.44gb and it is failing. i also need to get ram for it, it has 15mb ram ;) whoohoo, i want to upgrade it to 512 (but i dont think that it will even support 512:p) i need to know what kind of ram it needs (pc133, pc100, ect.) and i need to know how much it supports (max ammount of ram). i also need a new battery for it because the one that is in there is dead...--->heres the info from the stickers on the battery<---GP batteriesB905 (ref:DR36)s/n: 218771---------------------------------------------------------------i know that the stuff will probably be a little expensive but that is ok, because i can get everything cheap from a friend. i just need to know what kind and how much :) and i searched google, the sager site, driver guide and everything and i couldnt find nuttin on this notebook.another thing is that i need a bios update for this one (the last one there was for this model) - im not even sure if there will be one...and i cant even tell you the version that it has right now ;) but anything will helpthank you

You can pick up lots of stuff at e-bay. Normally, any laptop hdd that doesn't have a high capacity (depends alot on the bios, but when disks capacities grow, the technology also grows, so chances are that it won't work). Try to find something like a 4Gb laptop hdd.The same for the ram, I doubt it'll be PC100, it's probably more something like EDO-ram. Do note that you can use regular memory, laptops use smaller sizes of memorycards.A battery can be found easily, just search for GP Batteries B905.This site has one for $129 (http://www.baber.com/laptops/batteries/dtk_laptop_batteries.htm).I think you're better of if you'd buy some cheap laptop from ebay, but that my point of view.