xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KonVicKt

Discussion About Blizzard Games

Is it just me or is starcraft the greatest game ever devided, i am simply in love with that game. When i first started playing i hated it, because i didnt know how to do anything, so i used cheats alot when i was playing single player, but as i progressed i used less and less cheats. Eventually i wasnt using any cheats and i thought i was so good and bad a$$, until i played battle.net and couldnt beat anyone at all no matter the rules lol. I truly love this game, one of the reasons for this is that theres always something new, a new Use map settings map, new people, new strategies to learn.I'm just dissapointed that after 6 or 7 years there is still no sequel to this awesome game. There have been many rumors of starcraft 2, but it's taking an awfully long time. I think one of the reasons for this is because blizzard fired the original team that created starcraft, because they were demanding too much.Blizzard is working on a whole bunch of diffrent projects, some of which i dont think should be released at all. Like Starcraft Ghost.I saw a preview of it and it looks absolutely atrocious, its just horrible. It looks like a throwback game, that they buried up from the early 1990's. It's like doom 1 in 3rd person, and the concept pictures they made are extreamly deceiving. if you go to their website you'll see why.Blizzard is one of my favorite gaming companies, but recently they've been going down hill lately. I think they need to rethink their marketing strategyany thoughts on the topic?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I don't knowTo be honestI was never really in love with any of Blizzard's gamesSure, they've made some great games beforeBut I've never really gotten too into any of themBut then again I rarely pay attention to who makes the games I play so I could very well actively play a game that I don't even know they had a part in

Blizzard is one of the top game makers out there. This is mostly due to their marketing methods and not their games themselves. Take World of Warcraft for example the game is great and easy to play and get hooked on for anyone any age. So to maximize their earnings they add a monthly fee for you to play. Blizzard games are great just not good enough for me to pay to play a game. There many other equivlant games that are totally free and offer tons more.All im trying to say is that they know their targer audience and how to leech the most money out of them.

Blizzard games have a rather steep learning curve, granted, but the quality of their games is topnotch; that, I think, is what makes them so successful, and the reason that their fanbase is so ridiculously large.Starcraft's a great game - I was playing it just a few weeks ago - and offers both new players and veterans a chance to have fun. There's a WCIII mod under development that'll essentially allow you to play SC under the WCIII engine, with 3D-rendered graphics, bnet support, and a loyal porting of all previous physics and damage algorithms. I don't quite remember the link, though, so you'll have to Google it.

Blizzard?Blizzard!Yes, I love that company. I mean, just look at their website. It is an experience just to visit their website regularly.And the other thing is, I do not know, why I admire them so much.I mean, they have been mean to me in a way - after Diablo II I have been waiting for Diablo III like anything. All I got were some rumors and that is all. So, I should be angry ;) with them, right?Well I am not. I love them. :)

I think Blizzard is great!I own starcraft, warcraft 2 and 3 and frozen throne. All of these games are amazing and really enjoyable. I think they have, decent graphics, great ideas, cool characters, AMAZING storyline's which, I think, are SO important games.

FYI, there is a Starcraft II game, I think it's called Ghost.

Check for all Battle net games on Battle.net

However, if you are expecting another strategy game, you'll be hugely disappointed: because it's a first person shooting game. From what I know, you'll be taking on the role of a "Ghost" unit - like in Starcraft to kill your enemies, use cloak, lockdown and call in for nukes... blah blah blah.

I started out as a Blizzard fan, even back when Warcraft I was out. And Starcraft is truely a good game. I've played on B.net a lot, and I can beat most of the people - but the thing that really pisses me off is noobs using drop hacks when they are losing in the middle of the melee. Unfortunatly, all of B.net games are so hacked it isn't worth the time anymore and Blizzard isn't going to do anything about it. They didn't do anything about it when the game was in it's prime and they are certainly not doing anything about it now. Same with Warcraft III, the maphacks availble for that game is stunning.

If there isn't a level playing field, it's not a competition anymore. It's a noobs hacking noobs competition and it just gutters the game entirely.

I loved b.net and blizzard because it's free and fun, but that was a long time ago, before all the hacks existed.

Im more of a square-enix fan myself, nothing beats final fantasy 7-8-9 and Tactics.but anyway, I think the best series blizzard put out was WarCraft. I've played the first one and heard good things about World of Warcraft. Diablo was good too i guess, but I've never really gotten into starcraft either.-Hansbtw- anybody seen FF7 Advent Children yet?

well... i find Blizzard games in a totaly different category...you see... it's not the game that makes the difference (altough i think nobondy can't say that the Warcraft and Diablo series are not huge successes in the game industry and that Starcraft is not among the best RTS in history...)...the thing is that Blizzard give their games that "touch", that things that make you love the game... starting from the dialogues, the storylines and ending with the Hollywood-like movies... all of them are taken care of with detail-attention.... i find Blizzard as one of the best game-making production studio... and the best show and amazing experiences-making studio.... !

Part of the reason blizzard games aren't the same they were before, specially like Starcraft, and how WoW is the biggest deal for them, is how almost or the whole staff that used to work on Warcraft II and SC is GONE. Or so I've read.

I've also heard that many people from Blizzard staff, the ones that gave birth to StarCraft, WarCraft and Diablo storylines and concepts have gone. They haven't produced a whole new game concept for many, many years now, and have only developed what they had as big game hits - many of their games (and versions) were considered "the game of the year" in the most important gaming sites and magazines. That may be the reason why we only get expansions or updates or patches for the old games. From another point of view, I don't think Blizzard would care less about that, having SIX MILLION MONTHLY SUBSCRIBERS, paying around $14 each, you do the math how much they get only monthly.... So why should they bother to make something new - and probably not so good - if they have found where the golden eggs come from.

I love Diablo 2 and the expansion Lord of destruction. Warcraft is good too (but I'm so bad)The best about Blizzard is Battlenet, don't you think?Starcaft, Warcraft an Diablo, are the only Blizzard's games?

Yep they are the only series of games but within them there are quite a few different games.I think the best about blizzard would be the world of warcraft game, they are making a load of money over it and it is very fun to play, blizzard are currently making a real time strategy game based on world of warcaft, same world same characters but in a top down view.So i think that blizzard are just going to expand the world of warcraft series into something much bigger, we might even see a first person shooter come out, you never know-HellFire