xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tansqrx

Is There Anyway To Get Telnet Access?

Is There Anyway To Get Telnet Access?Here is another crazy request. I would like to run the Entropy Search index builder every couple of days or so. Is there any way to schedule this as a CRON job?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Just wana make sure ..if u knew..TELNET access is bad..you should use ssh ..from where ever u want a shell service. same goes for ftp ..sftp should be the norm. Source Forge.net forces this on heir users .(ie by not providing with unsecured services...) i think asta should do the same

Is There Anyway To Get Telnet Access?

1064330690[/snapback]

No telnet - only SSH (which is the SSL version of good old telnet) - is available upon request in the Misc. Requests Forum under Hosting Requests at no additional cost. OpaQue takes care of this - so will have to wait till he comes by and approves the request.

Here is another crazy request.  I would like to run the Entropy Search index builder every couple of days or so.  Is there any way to schedule this as a CRON job?

1064330690[/snapback]

Don't know about Entropy search though. But you can easily run it off your own shell - just upload using FTP, install it (unzip from cPanel file manager) .. and then put it in your own cron using cPanel again..