xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sixty

Plasma Effect In Photoshop Done in CS, but should work in other ver

This is a tutorial to create a plasma background effect.

We are trying to get

Posted Image

with a few filters.

Step 1)

Press 'D' to reset your colours, choose linear gradient, uncheck all bozes, black to white, and go crazy.

Posted Image

Step 2)Do a wave filter (filter>distort>wave) and hit randomize a few times.

Posted Image

Step 3)Press ctrl+j(duplicate layer) and repeat step 2 on the duplicated layer. Set layer belnding mode to lighten.

Step 4)Repeat steps 2-3 once.

Step 5)Press ctrl+u, check colorize, and change colour!

Posted Image

Congratulations, now you're done!

This absolutely reminds me of my most favorite method of creating backgrounds - which is to create a random brush stroke and mess with the filters. I don'texactly get why most professional graphic designers not like using filters for the background. I think it looks greatwhen done right. Unfortunately for me, I don't do well with filters because i can hardly go crazy when I've got grunge or abstract brushes at my disposal. Filters works wonders though....wish i get that talent for that back again... =P

Hey All,Well my first post up here! Thanks for letting me in!A little tip for easy editing. On some website's you see that a picture is mirrored on the bottom, and then fades off to white.This is easy to do through ms word2007. copy/paste a picture in there, click on it twice and a little screen will show up. there you can choose youre edit...looks very cool to me!Thanks!Aron

Hey All,
Well my first post up here! Thanks for letting me in!

A little tip for easy editing. On some website's you see that a picture is mirrored on the bottom, and then fades off to white.
This is easy to do through ms word2007. copy/paste a picture in there, click on it twice and a little screen will show up. there you can choose youre edit...looks very cool to me!

Thanks!

Aron

Make your posts on-topic please, we are talking about how to achieve a plasma effect in photoshop. Not how to get the shiny mirror effect in Word.