xisto Community
PureHeart

What Is Mkv? Need Help With This File Format?

.mkv stands for matroska and its as i think the best format as it includes large videos in a very small sieze. Its capablity is just too much. The quality in this video is generally the best and the sieze is still the lowest of all. Whenever you see a mkv file be sure to get a good video or in like in hd quality but not always. this is one of the bst format and now being popular after the avi and vob formats. Many movies in this file are damn to small and are avilable easily but one thing this kind of videos are generally pirated i am not saing that they are always but in genral this are for the downloads only and they are used for doing piracy converting large films or videos in hd but in small size so this format is very much useful. Hope you get the point and to play this there are many players avilable around like vlc or kmp (with codecs) and many more but i like this tooo so i am naming this 2 only :)

You can download VLC with no problem on the audio, but if you have DIVX, it will play fine as well with no hassle but the thing is it cannot decode AC3 file so you have to get the AC3 Filet file which is about 2.5MB which is really great.  it will automatically run in the background when you play this files through DIVX, when you search AC3 Filters, you will get multiple result, don't get confused with other multimedia players, the one I am talking about is plain and simple AC3 Filter which will run "with" your standard media player such as DIVX