xisto Community
Peaktao

Eufa Champions League Quarter Final

The draw for this year quarter-final have been drawn. My team, Liverpool, faced a tough task in playing against Juventus from Italy. Juve has been doing very well in the Champions League this year, coming out top of their group in the group stage and beat Real Madrid in the second round in an extra time in the second leg. Their defensive record really stood up as they only conceded 3 goals in matches, only one against the Galacticos at Bernabue. We also have to play first leg at home so not conceding goal at home is a must coz we'll definitely find it difficult to score in Turin. Being the second least favourite to win the cup, i can only hope we get some luck.The other British team, chelsea also faced a tough task in facing the german outfit, Bayern Munich, the conquerer of Arsenal. But Chelsea is very different from Arsenal. they re "more continental". And although i hate Jose mourinho, I think they will emerge victorious over the two legs. the winner of this tie will play us or Juve in the semi-final.Lyon vs PSV is said to be the meeting between the two underdogs of the tournament. Mind you though that Lyon is in a very impressive form. Their front line found goals from anywhere. It'll be interesting to see whether the disciplined PSV side will be tough nut to crack. But i see Lyon win easily.The last is probably the most significant, the Milan derby. AC Milan vs Inter. Both legs will be played at Sansiro because both team share the Stadium, so the away goal rule is kind of dodgy here. When two italian teams meet in europe, I don't particualrly keen to watch. Usually the score line is 0-0 or 1-0. on my prediction, AC milan will eventually make it to the final, with Chelsea a hot favourite from the other side of the tie. However, as a Liverpool fan, i 'm really looking forward to see my team back as the best of europe again.Any views?

on my prediction, AC milan will eventually make it to the final, with Chelsea a hot favourite from the other side of the tie. However, as a Liverpool fan, i 'm really looking forward to see my team back as the best of europe again.

Any views?

61688[/snapback]

I agree with that.

I hope Chelsea gonna win.

I think that here just few people watch Uefa Champions League. On 12. and 13. april are games of quarter finals (secong leg).Last week results and scorers:Milan - Inter 2-0 (Schevchenko and Stam)Chelsea - Bayern Munchen 4-2 (2 Lampard, Cole, Drogba - Schweinsteiger, Ballackk)What to except in 2nd leg?I hope Inter will play better, i am not sure does their best player Adriano gonna play. Milan is one step already in semi final.Chelsea has great results, but Bayern`s 2 goal keep this still 'open'.Lyon - PSV 1-1 (Malouda - Cocu)Liverpool - Juventus 2-1 (Hyypia, Garcia - Cannavaro)I except that Lyon goes to semi finals, even they played JUST 1-1 at home.I hope to see some good soccer in those 2 days.Go Chelsea FC! :):)

Last week results and scorers:

Milan - Inter 2-0 (Schevchenko and Stam)

Chelsea - Bayern Munchen 4-2 (2 Lampard, Cole, Drogba - Schweinsteiger, Ballackk)

What to except in 2nd leg?

I hope Inter will play better, i am not sure does their best player Adriano gonna play. Milan is one step already in semi final.

Chelsea has great results, but Bayern`s 2 goal keep this still 'open'.

Lyon - PSV 1-1 (Malouda - Cocu)

Liverpool - Juventus 2-1 (Hyypia, Garcia - Cannavaro)

I except that Lyon goes to semi finals, even they played JUST 1-1 at home.

70978[/snapback]

Ok today the second leg starts. Bad news for Liverpool is that Gerrard is out injured, so the hard task in turin is now even harder ;-(

I hope that Benitez will come up with a right tactic (even though there not many fit players left in the team). And i just hope that the "european" Liverpool, as oppose to "domestic" liverpool will turn up. Last saturday showed that we can lose to anyone (we were pretty much outplayed by Man City!). Hope Alonso can do some magic though he's no where near fully fit.

As for other ties, chelsea and Milan are pretty much through, i can't see Inter or Bayern turning the tie around, especially Inter who seems to need a miracle.... and a fit Adriano!

Lyon and PSV tie is pretty much in balance...i can see this one going to extra time (i.e. 1-1 after 90 mins). Lyon will find it hard to score, but they will probably score some time due to their attacking ability.

Finger crossed for the Reds... hope we can pull off something good tomorrow night.

;-)

Ok today the second leg starts. Bad news for Liverpool is that Gerrard is out injured, so the hard task in turin is now even harder ;-(

I hope that Benitez will come up with a right tactic (even though there not many fit players left in the team). And i just hope that the "european" Liverpool, as oppose to "domestic" liverpool will turn up. Last saturday showed that we can lose to anyone (we were pretty much outplayed by Man City!). Hope Alonso can do some magic though he's no where near fully fit.

As for other ties, chelsea and Milan are pretty much through, i can't see Inter or Bayern turning the tie around, especially Inter who seems to need a miracle.... and a fit Adriano!

Lyon and PSV tie is pretty much in balance...i can see this one going to extra time (i.e. 1-1 after 90 mins). Lyon will find it hard to score, but they will probably score some time due to their attacking ability.

Finger crossed for the Reds... hope we can pull off something good tomorrow night.

;-)

71336[/snapback]

You were right about Chelsea and probably Milan.

Last night results:

Bayern - Chelsea 3-2

Scorers: 65' Pizarro 90' Guerrero 90'+ 5' Scholl for Bayern and

30' Lampard 80' Drogba for Chelsea.

Chelsea is in semi finals despite Bayerns victory last night (Aggregate: 5 - 6)

Milan - Inter match abandoned after 70 minutes of game. Reason: Inter supporters started trowing bottles, flares... . One of flares hit Milan golakeeper Dida in shoulder.

Current results was 0:1. Shevchenko scored very nice goal.

What to say about the game?

Inter best player Adriano started the game, but it was obious that he still is not fit.

Inter coach Mancini started game with ONLY one striker. Maybe thats the reason they failed to score, and do something more in this game.

Milan played very good, and they deserve to be in semi final.

I see you are Liverpool fan, I think Liverpool have strenght to go on, and i will like to see that team in semifinal.

About PSV and Lyon, i give more chances to Lyon even they played 0-0 at home. I think they are better team than PSV.

Chelsea and Milan are through and i think liverpool will go through too. Liverpool play horrendously in the premier league but surprisingly they play very very well in the champions league, maybe luiz garcia is more used to playing in not-so-physical european matches and he's the main man that carries liverpool to where they are now :blink: I hope they go through even though i am not a liverpool fan but i think chelsea will still beat them in the semi-final even if liverpool can make it to the semi-final.I tip the final to be chelsea and AC Milan and I hope Hernan Crespo scores the winning goal. that will be the greatest IRONY in football history...

latest update: Liverpool and PSV got through. Liverpool drew 0-0 at Turin with Juventus and PSV won 4-2 on penalties... the semi-finalists are:Chelsea,Liverpool,PSV,AC Milan (unconfirmed but probably right)

I'm a Milan fan... than i hope he'll win!!!The second Derby was been shameful... i like the sport, i like the soccer very much and i like my Italy and my soccer team (Milan), but i don't like this facts and the fans violance... i prefer to stay at home to see the match, because at the stadium, in this moment, i can't enjoy myself... and this is so sad

Haha you're right!! UEFA, not EUFA. I haven't notice that typo until now. wonder if everyone else did... haha :lol: Anyway, i'm back on this board as my Liverpool team is still in the competition...hurray. Before posting my preview for the semis, i have something for you----------------------------------------------------------------Football fans are generally a superstitious lot, but Liverpool's Champions League win over Juventus has sent tea-leaf readers into overdrive. After the euphoria of victory and the prospect of an all-English semi-final with Chelsea had passed, fans noticed that omens and fate seemed to be on their side. After a 21-year gap, Europe's premier trophy could be Liverpool's once more. After all, the signs are there, and not just in the world of football. Rugby results, royal weddings, global events - can it all be just a coincidence? Have Your Say on 606Are the omens good for Liverpool? The late 1970s and early '80s was an era of unprecedented dominance in European football by English clubs, with Liverpool leading the way. For six years in a row, the old European Cup was won by English teams, with Liverpool doing it three times. Hamburg ended that winning streak in 1983, before Liverpool claimed their fourth win in 1984. Sales of souvenir tea-towels rocketed across the land in 1977 as the nation celebrated the Queen's Silver Jubilee. And Liverpool had their own silver celebrations, claiming their first European Cup with a 3-1 win over Borussia Moenchengladbach in the Stadio Olimpico in Rome. A year later, the news headlines were made by the death of Pope John Paul. In the world of sport, Wales celebrated as the rugby team secured a memorable Grand Slam triumph, and Kenny Dalglish's goal was enough to beat Bruges at Wembley as Liverpool retained the trophy. Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa held the trophy for the next three years, and in 1981, it was Liverpool's turn again. While the back pages were dominated by their memorable 1-0 win over Real Madrid in Paris, the front pages were divided between coverage of two weddings - one of Prince Charles, and the other of Ken and Deirdre Barlow in Coronation Street. Fast forward to 2005 and a flick through the papers would reveal... Wales as Grand Slam champions, Prince Charles newly wed and Ken and Deirdre back together. OK, so it is probably just coincidence, but there is one significant omen. Rafael Benitez's first season in charge has had its fair share of ups and downs, but Liverpool fans' confidence must be sky-high after their impressive win over Juventus, and fate would suggest they have good reason to feel happy. Every time Juventus have played an English club in the old European Cup or Champions League, one of the teams has gone on to reach the final. In 1973 Juventus beat Derby in the semi-finals, before losing to Ajax in the final. Their triumph over Liverpool in the 1985 final was rendered meaningless by the horrors of Heysel, but in 1997, 1998 and 1999, they came up against Manchester United. Twice the Turin club triumphed, only to go on and lose in the final, and in 1999 United claimed a memorable victory in Turin on their way to winning the trophy. Juventus saw off Newcastle on their way to the 2003 final, where they lost out to Italian rivals AC Milan, and in 2005 their English jinx continued with Liverpool. And just in case runaway Premiership leaders Chelsea feel this is all rather presumptuous of a Liverpool victory, they can take heart from an omen that favours them. In 1955, the year they won their only league title, there was a General Election - also won by the Blues of the Conservative Party. That was also the last time Newcastle won the FA Cup. On Sunday, Newcastle play Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-final in Cardiff. If they manage to win that, you have to wonder if some things really are written in the stars. HISTORY REPEATING? 1978: Pope dies, Wales win Grand Slam, Liverpool win European Cup1981: Prince Charles marries, Liverpool win European Cup2005: Pope dies, Wales win Grand Slam, Prince Charles marries, Liverpool reach Champions League semis

arsenal is the best team in champions league

arsenal is the best team in the campions league because they are formidable very young side constructive and attacking football.

-reply by osmanabh

finals

Who qualifies to the finals of the uefa champions league

-reply by albert

while are we out tight always to fight the blueEufa Champions League Quarter Final

Yeah its reall in all game that people finds it so hard to support the greatext, still the toughest will always still have thire roll real on the table,, what do I say? Chelsea is that answer,, the blues will always have what it takes to be king of all thing. Every tricks in tha game ever good roll, must always obey, and give that respect to them whom owns the game.Any sort or type of game that u may think of. Call chelsea on 9-8-4-2 and 11 equal to 99.9% its a free call. From tha blues.

-reply by Arnold