xisto Community
OpaQue

Chitika Review eMinimalls, Pay per click program Review

Chitika

Also known as : Chitika

:: PROGRAM TYPE ::

PAY PER CLICK ( CPC )

:: PAY PER CLICK PROGRAM COMMENTS ::

Chitika turned out to be better than my expectations. Initially, I expected it to be like the other ordinary CPC programs like Bidclix, Clicksor etc which paid fewww cents a click (something like $0.10 max). After implementing them and checking out the first day stats, I was amazed.

Chitika, by default, uses manual targeting of products to your pages. For each page, you can enter a keyword, or series of keywords, that match the products you would like to promote, and Chitika will show the best matches. Since the ads are manually targeted by default, the program is in compliance with Google's Terms & Conditions for AdSense, and makes an excellent compliment to that program. Chitika does offer an contextual matching option if you are not running AdSense and prefer it. You will need to contact them after joining the program to enable this however.

Uptil 2005-11-16, things were going fine until they introduced a new technology for filtering out so called “curiosity clicks” which caused the CTR to drop by 40% and also the revenue by an equivalent percentage.

Announcement from Chitika regarding the adjustment

To help filter out so-called “curiosity clicks” that typically do not lead to conversions on the merchants’ side, we updated the eMiniMalls units to drive qualified clicks. Hence, eMiniMalls users will notice a dip in the overall click through rate (and hence the overall revenue)....

More info : Chitika Blog

:: COMPANY BACKGROUND ::

Chitika - The Leader in Impulse Merchandising

Chitika is the industry's leading impulse merchandising company. Chitika was founded in May 2003 and is based in Massachusetts. Chitika (pronounced CHIH-tih-ka) helps web publishers generate revenue using innovative publisher-side solutions.

:: COMPANY'S TECHNOLOGY ::

Chitika's flagship service, eMiniMalls, is the industry's first impulse product merchandising service. Based on a proprietary patent-pending product merchandising platform, the eMiniMalls service brings a robust comparative shopping engine to web publishers - all packaged in a slick interactive user interface.

:: PROS ::

Good Support

You can create channels for tracking diffrent pages seperately.

NET 30 Payment Terms

:: CONS ::

Low CTR ( Cost per click )

:: PAYMENT TERM ::

NET 30

:: PAYMENT METHOD ::

Primary : PayPal

Secondary : Check

:: PUBLISHER CRITERIA ::

Anyone who complies with the standard No no.. list can join :-)

:: AD NETWORK CONTACT DETAILS ::

Chitika, Inc.

Suite 210, Mount Royal Office Park

2 Mount Royal Avenue

Marlborough, MA 01752

USA

T 508.460.0077

F 360.365.9337

E-mail: info@chitika.com

:: RECOMMENDATION ::

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

:: LINK ::

CHITIKA : Pay Per Click Program

Thought I would give a quick review of my experience with Chitika.I am currently using Chitika on my blog and I am not extremely happy with their service. First of all the contextual mode is not extremely accurate and relevant content is often not found at all. I do like how the payout minimum is low and they pay by PayPal. I also like that I did not have to provide them with my social security number (This is the main reason I did not go with AdSence).

Just signed up, will put it on my website and keep reporting back to how good the support is, the user friendlyness and how much money it makes etc.Will report back at the start of every month :P

I used that on sites like infobarrel and some of the others. I noticed that it works great if you have traffic from US and Canada. For traffic outside these two countries there is no gain for you. You're most likely to lose the amount of money from the other traffic. So it is always better to use the chitika for your US based traffic and show other ads for other traffic. There are some plugins that can help for such rotation. I have used on geo targeting rotation based plugin for wordpress. I guess there are some other plugins for joomla and other CMS. So i guess it is possible for those other CMS or custom coded simple site. Note that position of the ad is also important. I have seen that ad at the bottom of the page works good for chitika. You can add the shopping widget or the contexual ad at the bottom of the page. I can see that there may be chance where users may bounce back before scrolling down. So make sure you use sky scraper ad in the sidebar of the page. You'll get some clicks from the sidebar too. I noticed that already when i used yieldbuild on my site. Some of my observation for the chitika is that you will get good support from the chitika support team. But they do quick response to the active accounts only. For inactive accounts, they don't care to support which is not good if you're new on their system. Make sure to use contact form email in suh case. Another thing noticed that if used with performing site then you're likely to get more traffic and hits to chitika than any other way. So get some hits to your site or host chitika code on site that already has enough traffic. If you cant do either then chitika is not for you. Domain add-on feature makes sure that you get paid for the ads on site where your domain is hosted. So you have to add the domin where you are hosting chitika and your content. If you're into revenue sharing then make sure to get that domain under your domain add-on feature. once added they verify the quality of domain and then they manually approve in few days. This is what i noticed about chitika. I do have few other observations about chitika and will let you know about it in future posts.