xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
moose55

Facebook: School Connection Site

Anyone in here that is a college student or high school student should sign up for Facebook.com...this is a great site. i have reconnected with many of my friends and started talking to them again.. i also had the opportunity to join party and such so that we can make new frieends at school...overalll you guys should sign up.

Very limited site ... It's mostly for Americans and maybe a little for some European countries. India isn't included. But, while we're on the subject of meeting old school friends, I could get in touch with my friends through orkut.

Very limited site ... It's mostly for Americans and maybe a little for some European countries. India isn't included. But, while we're on the subject of meeting old school friends, I could get in touch with my friends through orkut.

1064330032[/snapback]

A very good service like this inside India (mainly) and worldwide as well is Batchmates.Com - which started way back around 1996-97. Really feature rich.

Well, I have used several social networking websites, but for me TheFaceBook is the most useful. It has a pretty sophisticated connection settings that allow you to .. connect to many other people. Sounds kinda dumb, but I don't know how to explain it. Unfortunately, it only (or mostly) supports American students. So I can't not connect to my friends in other country. But impressed me the most was the gallery. Basically, if someone on the network has a picture that has you in it. That picture will be automatically in your own gallery. So, it's easy to share pictures. You can find many people who has the same hobbies, movies/music favourites... or even in the same class. I can go on and on with their feature but.. well, just try it.

Other thing, if you are in the facebook and want to add me, feel free, this is my linkage

<a href="/reg/?_fb_noscript=1 me!</a>

Anyone in here that is a college student or high school student should sign up for Facebook.com...this is a great site. i have reconnected with many of my friends and started talking to them again.. i also had the opportunity to join party and such so that we can make new frieends at school...overalll you guys should sign up.

1064330025[/snapback]

Except for the fact that I picked a college an hour and a half away from my redneck, white-trash community in order to get away from the idiots I was forced to endure in high school, I would say that facebook is a good idea.

As for making new friends at school ... if I actually want to talk to people, I usually find that walking up and saying, "Hey, what's going on?" is less time-consuming than creating an online profile and then weeding out all of the "Want 2 cyber?" private messages/e-mails/whatever.

As for making new friends at school ... if I actually want to talk to people, I usually find that walking up and saying, "Hey, what's going on?" is less time-consuming than creating an online profile and then weeding out all of the "Want 2 cyber?" private messages/e-mails/whatever.

1064330079[/snapback]

You bet... and I was surprised at how many come in from MySpace.Com .. got so many pm-s like that soliciting me to go to some Cyber site. Why would one want to engage in cyber is way beyond me, though - when nothing can be "funner" than real life ;)

I really don't have much use for this sort of sites. I mean, I am in touch with all of my good friends ... I'm not really that interested in searching for classmates who were with me in the 5th standard ;). I chat regularly with all of my good friends even now.