xisto Community
curare

Looking For Function: Imagecreatetruecolor (php-gd

Hello,

I have just been given an hosting account - thank you.

I have installed a web agallery, and I get the errort mesage "The function imagecreatetruecolor was not found. I think you don't have GDlib > 2.x."

Which is vey sad because the image gallery is quite nice in it's layout. You can take a look here for a demo.

Questions:

.) Any chance this will be installed?

.) Any suggestions for a different nice-looking web gallery? Stand-alone version possibly?

TIA,

curare

I don't know which language your web gallery is in, but I know that some modules of PHP at least are still to be reinstalled after the server move.

You might want to browse your site again it worked just fine for me, at least it went through the images and showed the full version, what was or is wupposed to be wrong with it?

1064329742[/snapback]

Thank you for both of your replies. I have found out that the official support <support@xisto.com> is quite helpful also, but I do not want to bother them too much. That is why I posted here.

The language is PHP and the function is called imagecreatetruecolor TinyWebGallery, http://redirect.ngz-gameserver.de/index.html a gallery which does without MySQL, just PHP and XML, uses it. If you want to see it working, go to http://hoffenreich.funpic.de/ This is my current gallery. Pics are throughout personal, might not be of interest for you, but the functions are nice.

I tried another gallery meanwhile: Plogger http://www.plogger.org/ [use Firefox, site looks like s**t in IE]. But this one does not work either on Xisto servers. It installs correctly after some tweaks but it says it did not and therefore no pics to view. In this case it might be a flaw of the installation script though.

curare

Most likely some problem with GD again. Imagemagick stopped working after last server shift too. Had to be re-enabled. Most likely same problem. Is anybody else facing the same problem with GD ? There's no other reason why it should act like this. Anyways, only opaque can fix this ...

Thanks for your advice. I'll just wait and see what happens in the next week or two. Appearently I am not the only one facing these problems, but I could not have told, as I am new here and the forum search yielded not much. But it gives me an opportunity to reply here, for wich I am grateful in order to increase ... my keyboard usage :P I was not really turned on though by the fact that two scripts did not work. But I am patient ;)

curare

Most likely some problem with GD again. Imagemagick stopped working after last server shift too. Had to be re-enabled. Most likely same problem. Is anybody else facing the same problem with GD ? There's no other reason why it should act like this. Anyways, only opaque can fix this ...

1064329789[/snapback]

You might want to browse your site again it worked just fine for me, at least it went through the images and showed the full version, what was or is wupposed to be wrong with it?

1064329742[/snapback]

Excuse me, Mr Houdini, and please don't tie me up as they do you, but at which website did you lok? The URL is that of the gallery developer, not mine :P

curare

Sorry I just looked at your post again (I thought I was clicking your link) it was my fault, I too have had problems but not GD related since the server move but all is OK with my stuff, the only exception being that my server time is showing as GMT+9 and that is in a block so I just changed the GMT offset to not confuse visators, can't seem to change it without rewriting the block, which I might do.Sorry if I was looking at something else.