xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rvovk

Basic Tutorial On How To Make Photography ..I was asked by others to do so... ;)

As some of you have mentioned I should make a basic tutorial on have to make good looking pictures. Today I will talk about ?Rule of Thirds?. This rule is applied to your pictures when you don't have some better idea on how to make composition of you new born picture. This rule isn't just for begginers, so some of you want think they are trully begginers in photography world. It is good helpful tip on how to make your pictures more dynamical. I think even Pablo Picasso used this rule in his drawings.

Posted Image

We can see lines that defines thirds by vertical and horizontal axis.

On first picture I think there is obvious what rule of thirds is. We have divided whole picture into thirds by horizontal and vertical axis. Face sunflower is pointing into empty space. This can be applied for anything, like: direction of moving object, direction of human face, animals, etc?,. If those object would be facing into end of picture or a car would be driving into end of picture instead of empty space, observer would think that this object will run out of picture.

Posted Image

Here we get feeling surfer will run out of the picture, which is not OK.

Posted Image

Here surfer is running is presented more in dynamical way, cause he has space infront of him.

Althought sometimes symetry or central composition isn't good or rather unpreciatted in photography world, there are case when central composition is good thing to do. But thats already rather personal taste and some experiences involved. This next picture is good example for good central composition, where I tried to show how human body is symetrical and even.

Posted Image

I wanted to show here how symetrical and even is human body, and lines and curves of female body. :)

For end there is also to know how to make frames with trees and objects in surroundings. Picture show good example on how to make nice picture with ?Rule of Thirds? and some framing tehnique to avoids ? tiny subject surrounded by vast empty space? syndrome.

Posted Image

Good framing tehnique with trees and also aplied with "Rules of thirds".

I hope this article will help some people to make better photos in future and I wish you good light everyone.

Best regards, Robert

I borrowed some three pictures from the net to show this particular tehniques, so I can't state where are those from. But I am from Slovenia. I could found some of this kinda parks here also.

You should submit this to the tutorials section :)Either way, I really like it. Very nice tutorial, d00d.

This shouldn't be here, it should be in the tutorials section.Nice tips on photoes.. I've never really taken photos or anything but I'm thinking on doing so sometime in the future it seems exciting and different./moved

Thanx for nice words. I will try to make some more of this tutorials. Maybe when I got Canon 300D or 350D and macro lense Sigma 105/2.8 EX i am gonna to write about macro photography. I got some fabulous idea on the net about home-made studio and with conjuction with those lense and camera will be perfect world for me.

rule of space

Basic Tutorial On How To Make Photography

I want to know how the rule of space is applied? (under composition - photography concepts.

(It would be better if you can provide me some pictures)

-question by RETNUH