xisto Community
chramu28

Google Giving Away Google Mini - Search Appliance Google Giving Away Google Mini

Google is giving away a free Google Mini to any company replacing their legacy search solution with the Google Search Appliance.

âUpgrade both your internal and public-facing search all in one quick step with Google's search trade-in program. If you replace your legacy search solution with a Google Search Appliance before the end of the year, we'll give you a Google Mini for free.â

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

ALL thanks to CHITIKA Ad Company. This is what I feel, because at the moment, only CHITIKA stands firm with Google's competition.

Google is giving away a free Google Mini to any company replacing their legacy search solution with the Google Search Appliance.

“Upgrade both your internal and public-facing search all in one quick step with Google's search trade-in program. If you replace your legacy search solution with a Google Search Appliance before the end of the year, we'll give you a Google Mini for free.”

1064329293[/snapback]

I've checked this and on google.com there is NO SUCH thing as you claim. ;)

hej,
yes, finaldesign, there IS: Google Search Appliace (Switch
I didn't try it, sounds a lot like "you sign up for our expensive search service and we give you some candy (if you sign up for a thousand years and sell us your soul)".
This is the Mini, they were talking about it... To be honest I thought first that it was about the Mini-Car ;)
Well, I guess this is only of use for those who have a big enterprise which huge amounts of uncategorized data. Hardly qualifies as useful for most of us...
How I found this? I just entered the quote into Google, what else, and got there over one of the links it came up with :P

Ruben

To be honest, I find this a little irrelevant to anyone on this forum. However, information is power.

And the Mini, I thought it was a car as well, but instead it is some kind of Google Hardware. What industry haven't they taken on. WARNING: Google, touch the spork industry and your search enging is minelol.

If anyone is wondering, and I noticed one person asked, a google mini is a lower-power google appliance search solution. It has the power to index 100,000 documents compared to the full fleged appliance's power to handle upto 15m (depending on configuration and price level see product models).

See https://www.google.com/work/search/

If there's one thing google knows how to do...they sure do make their appliances sexy

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also agree with guy in that this really doesn't apply to us as most (assumption) of us are not running an enterprise that requires this sort of document search solution.

âUpgrade both your internal and public-facing search all in one quick step with Google's search trade-in program. If you replace your legacy search solution with a Google Search Appliance before the end of the year, we'll give you a Google Mini for free.â

1064329293[/snapback]

Really?! That is really quite interesting. Google Mini is very expensive and I just thought not that Google would give away its MINI free to companies that asks for them. Hmmmmmmmmm... Weird, but not impossible. :-0

This sounds really cool and I would love to do this but I really want to know one thing before anything. What is a google mini? It might have been told here before but I am really lazy and hate using the search feature! But please don't flame me because I do not know just tell me please.