xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CarolinaBlues

Habbo Hotel A new world

Habbo Hotel has been around since 2001. It has had many changes and is now at version 8. Habbo Hotel is owned by Sulake Labs of Finland. It is an online virtual chat room. You can talk, dance, swim, design rooms, buy furniture, and even play games. It is very cool.
There are 15 Habbo Hotels, with Habbo Hotel China coming out by next fall. Habbo UK and USA seem to be the most popular. Each hotel has managers, workers, moderators, or MODs as they are called at Habbo, and Hobbas, or Hotel Guides. Every hotel has big events with games, contests, prizes, or celebrity apperances. Ashlee Simpson came just today on Habbo USA.

Habbo Club is one of the many ways to have fun. Habbo Club is a special club in which you get special furniture, as a Habbovillans call them, furni, more room layouts, acess to special rooms, a cool badge, and special dances. Furni is the hotels furniture. There is a catalog in which you purchase these items. You have to buy coins from Habbo. You can buy them with many methods including credit card, check, money order, pay-pal, text msg., and home phone. Coins generally run from $5.00 to $50.00 and are good all the time.

There are maybe around 10,000 people tht play on each hotel. Today on Habbo USA, there were about 7,550 Habbos online. Well this is aobut all I have to say aboput it, but please check it out.

Habbo Hotel
http://www.habbo.com/

Yeah, I've heard about that before, sounds like a heap a fun.
I can't seem to log in though, I think it's about some port or something that needs to be opened....

I went on Habbo once. Ack, I mean once. I really find it pointless, so I got bored and never went on it again. Then again, there are some Habbo junkies out there who spend every living moment on it, it may well be quite addictive to some, but it's not for me.

The entire concept annoys me. It's a gimmick that somehow took off :| At least with MMORPG's it's social interaction based around a game, not a "game" (which I don't actually consider it) based around social interaction. If I want to communicate in methodsother then face to face or over the phone, normal IM is my main choice... I just don't see the point of using avatars in a virtual world for nromal chat. Sure it's nice in a game setting, but if you just want to chat the avatar just normally gives others an incorrect vision of who you are, in a world that has no relevance to the chat at all.Oh, but I have to point out the irony of jipman saying that if people want social interaction they should goto a pub... but he's posting that message to an online forum :P I have nothing against communicating online. You can do it more regularly and to a wider range of people from anywhere in the world... but the habbo hotel idea just seems rediculous to me personally.

I reccomend There. There is a huge interactive chat world (you can even fly into space!), with synchronisized time and lips (you can talk trough microphone). You can play Paintball, race, hooverboard, hooverpack, hooverboats, rocketships, etc.You can design your own shirts, hats, pants, hair, etc.And best of all, it's free! You do need to buy your in-game money.It's optional to buy premium package (more travelling spots, realtime radio, voice)I recommend everyone who likes 3d chats to take a look at There.

Ahh I've long quit Habbo Hotel! I don't know, I'm really soaked into cute Asian sites. Like Cyworld. :ph34r: Habbo Hotel doesn't seem girly enough to me. :)

If I had time, I'd suspect that anyone who checked in on my online habits would call me a MMORPG-obsessed person. (Or maybe I have changed since then.) But never would I actually pay to play these games. It would be kind of pointless. Why pay money to get something on a game? Why not just buy something you can use or play with in the real world? After all, you spend all this money to only get more hooked on to the game, which induces you to buy more of their stuff with your real money, and then you are even more hooked on to the game... (And, if they suddenly close down, they might won't refund you the rest of your money.) Quite a good marketing scheme they've come up with. All of these games, in fact. I heard some time back about Second Life and Microsoft or something with their own island there now. Now, companies are even advertising themselves on games.

On the issue of these reality simulation games, the only one I've played is the Sims, and that's the PC program. I find the online ones a bit freaky with their trials, fees, and the pay-with-real-money-to-buy- random-virtual-objects schemes. I've had a few friends who play Habbo Hotel, and from what I've seen, the graphics aren't that good and there's just too, too many limitations.

And that's my rant about real-money-stealing reality simulation games.

Serena