xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saxsux

Is phpBB Jr Admin Mod Compatible With php-Nuke?

I'm using PHP-Nuke, with the ported version of phpBB, which comes as standard.I've just been installing some mods for phpBB, and they've all worked perfectly (I have had to make a few changes though - the "includes" folder is in a different place to that it should be).I needed my staff members to be able to modify other users' profiles, and someone reccommended Jr Admin, so I installed, and changed the paths for the "includes" folder, so that it ran properly. My side of it, the administration panel, works fine. But, my new Junior Admins have no way of accessing the admin panl, to change users' profiles. Whenever they try, they just get the message "You are not authorised to administrate these boards".Am I doing something wrong? Does the Junior Admin mod create a seperate page for them to use, or is it just not compatible with PHP-Nuke, or what?If anyone else has used this mod and could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, saxsux ;)

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Giving people access to change a user's profile delimits people's self-confidence and can annoy many. I see where you are wanting this to be in effect, but it is a bad idea.Anyway, you need to make sure that on all of the pages, the Admin Control Panel link is on the bottom of the page (links to Jr Admin CP). If it is not there, then the mod has not been installed properly. It may well be a cause of PHP-Nuke, but I don't think it is.

There are a few more things about PHP-Nuke besides the directory structure that are different in PHP-Nuke ported version of phpBB2 forums, and one is the database, I have not seen this MOD and would have to look at it and could help you to port it, if it is possible, not all are like EasyMod or if it is you woul have to do a rewrite of nearly the entire program, and then it would only work with PHP-Nuke.If you could give a link to the file in question I would be happy to look at it and either go ahead and port it and e-mail it to you or add the file on one of my 3 sites that offers ported mods for phpBB to those that use PHP-Nuke or PC-Nuke CMS.

Okay, thanks for all the help :-)I emailed the creator about this, and he said that it might be to do with the version of phpBB, rather than PHP-Nuke. He gave me a fix for it which I'm going to try out in a mo.I didn't mention it, but I had to make some changes to the database too. All that actually needed to be done was to slightly rename the tables that were installed with the mod, and that was it.Thanks for that info guy, I never realised there was a seperate control panel for my junior admins, hopefully the new update (above) will sort this.Thanks for the advice, both of you, it's been helpful.